Old 07-10-2019, 07:29 PM   #1

Dometic 3-way 2.5 cu ft fridge

3-way fridge newbie. I did read the owner's manual and there's nothing specific about my question in it. It's never explained so I'm thinking I'm such a newbie and it's so obvious to everyone else that this is a really stupid question. And they refer to the knob in question (dial F) as the gas thermostat, so I'm assuming it's a thermostat control knob to adjust the coldness of the fridge? I know it (dial F) has to be set to 5 to light the pilot, but then can you dial it back so the fridge doesn't get too cold?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9326.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	271.0 KB
ID:	209558  

2015 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Plus
Nova Scotia, Canada 🇨🇦
HappyCamperCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:16 PM   #2

One more question...so I've had the fridge running on propane for a couple hours now. This is the first time I've used a LP fridge. When I went out to check on it, it's warm inside the back access panel, not hot or anything, just warm. and some smell of what I assume is LP being burned inside the pilot light thingy. The pilot is still lit. I'm assuming it's warm and there's a smell because the fridge is burning LP and that's why there are vents in the back access panel and that's normal? The pop up is in the down position which shouldn't make any difference?

Nova Scotia, Canada 🇨🇦
Old 07-11-2019, 11:05 AM   #3

The knob in question is for gas flow.... bigger flame, hotter reaction more cooling.

Its not a temp control in the traditional sense, rather a "whats your experience at this setting" type of thing. So a 5 in 40 degree F weather will yield a different internal refer temp than a 5 in 95 degree F weather.

You will find though that without air circulation on the back fins and inside circulating air the internal temp will probably disappoint you :/

The answer to your other questions is yes, it smells when burning and there may be another odor not so familiar. The aluminum stack above where the pilot light is will be HOT near the top.. only touch it very quickly or take its temp.

Up or down the refer works the same way and yes that all sounds normal.
flyerdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:08 PM   #4

Thanks!
Nova Scotia, Canada 🇨🇦
Old 07-13-2019, 07:32 AM   #5

I think the "pilot light" you refer to is not actually a pilot light. The flame you see is as big as it gets unless you adjust the amount of gas going to the burner.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, fridge