Old 08-22-2016, 09:57 AM   #11
Site Team

I guess it's different on those smaller ones. Mine is the typical tt size. Forget the model #. Something like 5265. Sorry it's no help.

Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 10:04 AM   #12

No problem. Besides, I turned my on AC last night again and this AM the water inside was frozen, and fridge is at 26 degrees. Looks like it decided to start working again. This fridge is more fickle than a politician.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:46 PM   #13
Head Rambler

This thread is a good example of why it's a good idea to include the appliance make and model when asking for help.

The RM2193 is a small 3-way fridge and it doesn't have electronic controls. It has a couple manual knobs in the back that regulate the gas and electric sides of the fridge.

You could have possibly had an intermittent connection issue that resolved itself. I'd recommend checking all the electrical connections in and to the fridge to make sure that's not the problem.
Old 08-22-2016, 01:19 PM   #14

Generally, popup users understand what is generally on a popup that is not on a large trailer/fifth wheel/or motorhome. So model numbers are not always required.
I knew what fridge the OP was talking about.

And all electrical connections have been checked from the Fridge to the switch to the converter. And it did not work and trailer was not moved, nothing jiggled, but I decided to try it on AC one more time, and it starts to work. Granted, it could be the actual switch. But for the DC/AC and propane all at once to stop, the suddenly the AC works? But at least if AC cools down, and the others don't work; I can guess it might be the complete switch assembly that is going bad.

Just got off the phone with a dealer and his statement was, "welcome to the world of Dometic;" the reason many campers drink warm beer.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:23 PM   #15

The make was a Dometic (in the title of the post). The model number is a RM4223.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:01 PM   #16

Couldn't find any fuses or a "motherboard" referenced on other posts. Looks like the 12 volt and 120 volt operate using the same thermostat, so it can only really be the switch or the heating element, right?Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1471917672.855124.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	118167Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1471917687.652064.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	118168
Old 08-23-2016, 10:00 AM   #17
Head Rambler

Correct, Your unit is basically the same as the RM2193. The controls are arranged a little different, but you don't have any electronic controls.

You have a good point about it being either the heating element or the switch. It could possibly be a loose or broken wire, but you should find that while troubleshooting the others.

I'd start by making sure that you have 120 volts to the switch. Then go from there.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:24 PM   #18

Well, apparently it was a freon issue all along, as it now will not work on propane either. Propane flame is blue and fine, but the fridge can't get under 55 degrees, and I feel no temp changes on the coolers in back. At this point I'm shutting it down, as I feel all we are doing is wasting propane.

Wonderful. This makes it perfect - every Dometic product we have on our camper has failed within 2.5 years of purchase.

Oh, and the manufacturers warranty expired in April.

Not a big fan of Dometic.....
Old 08-29-2016, 07:13 PM   #19

Saw online someone had said something about removing the unit, and turning it upside down for 24 hours to "mix the chemicals"? Anyone ever hear about this?

The only reason I ask is that we inspected it when we got home and found evidence of leaking ammonia anywhere. I have a good flame, and the chimney is getting hot, so I don't think the problem is on that side of things.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:42 PM   #20
Head Rambler

If you found evidence of ammonia leaking then the cooling unit is bad and will either have to be rebuilt or replaced. Turning the unit upside down won't fix that.

Tags
dometic, refrigerator