Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMaple View Post
The title says it all. I know it would be great not to have to crank the thing up for those 30 seconds, but are they worth it? It's actually not costing us anything more to get it, I just was wondering what the general consensus is on them.
I love the electric winch for the roof of my Flagstaff 205A. You can always leave the vehicle running if you have a propper full voltage connection from tow vehicle to van's battery for the 12V so you would not be draining the pup house battery but using alternator power from tow vehicle. I know the connection I use works for this process as it is a separate very heavy cable connected from vehicle's second battery in tow vehicle direct to Pup house battery via Anderson Plug connection.
goody59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:16 AM   #22

I bought a special socket that fits from internet,socket jenie $30.00 and a low speed high torque drill from harbor freight $49 on sale for $39. Works great but you must play with torque settings to get correct speed. Very important to manually raise roof fully, mark a line on lifting bar that you can see while raising roof, crank roof down 6 to 8 turns, mark another line as a warning you are getting close to max height so you do not strip cable. Works great and is a fast roof raise.
WARMSN is offline   Reply With Quote