Old 03-30-2016, 03:33 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeman View Post
I have a Flojet Rv Waste pump that pumps into a 35 gallon tote in the back of my dually. FloJet RV Waste Pump Kit - Xylem 18555000A - Drain & Flush Systems - Camping World
Same here and it is the way to go.

raytwntrvlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 03:49 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalberto View Post
SO what we have done in state parks is to use a small bucket-ish container in our sink to collect grey water - we would then transfer this to the Black tank via toilet. It's not perfect but it helps off load some of the dish cleaning grey water.
The OP has a "Cassette Toilet" your method will Not help them! Youroo!!

Old 03-30-2016, 03:56 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabranch47 View Post
Hi,
I have a 12 gal. grey water tank on my HW27SC and wish to increase my usage. Has anyone used some type of pump to transfer the grey water to another type of tank in their pickup bed?
Thanks for any input.
With a 12 Gal gray tank,is the Discharge a small garden hose fitting? Youroo!!
Old 03-30-2016, 04:02 PM   #24
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
The OP has a "Cassette Toilet" your method will Not help them! Youroo!!
Yeah I guess that blows that idea out of the water... When I had my PUP I had not tank, only the cassette toilet. I had the water grain into a 5 gallon jug then either dumped into the clean out or into the bathhouse when dumping the cassette toilet. Of course this will be controversial.. But when I had nothing I had a filter set up on the neck of the jug and let the heavy stuff go to the bottom of the jug and the cleanish water would overflow through the filter to keep the bad stuff in the jug. Worked well for me.

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 04:07 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinAZ16 View Post
Rhino,
Do you have any issues with the wheels? I have heard of some problems with the front wheels, but was not sure which brand.
The wheels on my Barker 4-wheeler broke the first time I used it. I went to Tractor Supply Co. and bought 2 solid steel wheels with airless rubber tires, 4" diameter. Bought a 1/2" steel rod and 2 of the rigs with set screws that you can use to hold the wheels in place- can't remember what they're called now. No problems in the 4 years since.
Old 03-30-2016, 04:09 PM   #26

No cassette toilet, I have a 12 gal. black water tank also (too small to us for extra grey water. The grey water drain is plumbed into the discharge line along with the black water. I am interested in pumping the grey water into another container in the pickup bed. I looked in the flojet but don't want to spend more that $100 on a pump. I think that I diaphramn pump would work better than one with an impeller type in order to pass small particles from the grey water tank. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
cabranch47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 04:56 PM   #27

Thanks Doc73 and dustman. Good to know.

Doc, since you have both brands, any preference?
2016 Days Camped: 14, Miles Traveled: 3126
JCinAZ16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:01 PM   #28
Who Dares, Wins

Barker was good quality but very basic, no frills. It worked well. The only reason I am getting rid of it is because I got a larger version from Thetford. This is what CW had in stock and I was in a bind. Otherwise I would have done the Barker. The Thetford keeps everything inside (the short dump hose and connectors) where as the Barker needed to keep it separate, BUT it comes at a cost.. At least at the time when I bought the Barker the Thetfords were 50 to 100 more for the similar sizes.

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:06 AM   #29

How well does the Flowjet empty out the blackwater tank? I have always read that you should have a large, fast flow to ensure the solids are removed. Pumping through a 3/4 inch hose sounds like the solids would just settle onto the bottom of the blackwater tank.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:22 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldicon View Post
How well does the Flowjet empty out the blackwater tank? I have always read that you should have a large, fast flow to ensure the solids are removed. Pumping through a 3/4 inch hose sounds like the solids would just settle onto the bottom of the blackwater tank.
With this Bad Boy and plenty of water you can put out small Forest Fires also! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4162.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	405.3 KB
ID:	103422  

Tags
grey water, water