Old 09-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #1

First time camping in new PU

Went up to a local campground and found out some things. Hookups for power and water, stay near bathrooms for the kids (gotta go pee every couple of hours, lol). Found out how to use a dump tank for our dirty bucket a sink water. Also on that note, i'm going to come up with a way to vent the sink drain so it WILL drain. How and where to store things in the camper. and the list goes on and on. But we had a blast and I love the sound of rain on the canvas at night, put me right to sleep.

Thanks for the great website, I have found it very useful in helping me RV for the first time.

2013 Flagstaff 425D
nomad1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:41 PM   #2
TeresaInCAL

Where did you go?

TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:14 PM   #3

On storing things, when we had our PUP we went to Wally World and got some of the Sterite storage containers. We found out that they would set in the floor and clear the beds when they were moved in. Just a suggestion.....
Mark and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

looks good ! glad you had fun !
thanks for the pic !
Old 09-27-2012, 01:22 AM   #5

Congrats on the first trip!

The packing and storing will get easier and quicker after a few trips, we're getting pretty good at it after 4-5. The Sterilite container suggestion above is a good one, we use a 3-drawer unit to make it easier to store supplies while camping, and have a few single unit containers under the dinette benches. The first couple of trips we had stuff everywhere :-)

2009 Flagstaff 425D
2005 Avalanche ZR71
Hutch65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:27 AM   #6

TeresaInCAL: Where did you go?
We went to Little Red Barn Campground byNockamixon State Park in Bucks County, PA

Mark and LindaOn storing things, when we had our PUP we went to Wally World and got some of the Sterite storage containers. We found out that they would set in the floor and clear the beds when they were moved in. Just a suggestion.....
Mark and Linda: On storing things, when we had our PUP we went to Wally World and got some of the Sterite storage containers. We found out that they would set in the floor and clear the beds when they were moved in. Just a suggestion.....
Thanks for the idea, we will look into using them

f1100turbo: looks good! glad you had fun!
thanks for the pic!
Thank you

Hutch65: Congrats on the first trip!
The packing and storing will get easier and quicker after a few trips, we're getting pretty good at it after 4-5. The Sterilite container suggestion above is a good one, we use a 3-drawer unit to make it easier to store supplies while camping, and have a few single unit containers under the dinette benches. The first couple of trips we had stuff everywhere :-)
lol we did have stuff everywhere.. We have to find a bin or something for our shoes (Mud and stuff). and we will be difinitey looking into the Sterilite draws, thanks
2013 Flagstaff 425D
Old 09-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #7

We are in Lansdale, and are going to Little Red Barn for their Holloween weekend coming up later in October.

Check out my blog at The Schaffer's RV Trip Log and look at the tips/tricks that we did with our new popup for some ideas. Especially the sink drain, flows great now that we added a vent system.
SchafferFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:16 AM   #8

SchafferFamily: We are in Lansdale, and are going to Little Red Barn for their Holloween weekend coming up later in October.
My son and I and maybe my father are going to Colonial Woods Oct. 27th for 1 night. Should be a good time.

Check out my blog at The Schaffer's RV Trip Log and look at the tips/tricks that we did with our new popup for some ideas. Especially the sink drain, flows great now that we added a vent system.
I'm going to steal that idea for the sink drain. Looks great. And I like your Blog page, very well done.

2013 Flagstaff 425D