Old 10-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #1

Flagstaff 205 opinion

I have looked at several popups over the last few months, and of the ones I have looked at so far, I have narrowed it down to one that has peeked my interest. It is a 2006 Forest River Flagstaff 205MAC. Give me some opinions or thoughts. This trailer has the toilet/shower combo. We will likely not use the shower, and the toilet is not an option we were looking for, but I have two ladies in the group (wife and daughter), so it will be an added bonus on cold and rainy nights. There are a few other bonuses, screen room, rolling grey water tank, and including a small microwave. The trailer has been well kept, and appears to be in very good condition.

Just looking to gather as much advice as possible, so any opinions are appreciated.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:48 AM   #2

We have the shower/ toilet combo also. Never intended to use the shower but with a wife and young daughter, thought the toilet would be good.

Well, they use the toilet ALL the time, much nicer than going out into cold, dark or rain. The shower has only been used for the 5 year old, amazing how dirty a kid can get when camping

It's nice to also have a place for wet shoes on damper days as well and a good sized space for stuff when packing the camper ( lanterns, sleeping bags, etc)

Old 10-30-2012, 11:09 AM   #3

Thanks!

Never thought about the shower being a good place for wet shoes and the like. And storage area for traveling is good also.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #4

Just remember to put a towel over the drain if you have to travel with a full or half full grey tank. Water likes to splash out it.

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #5

You have a grey tank? I'm so jealous. I have a drain for the sink, one for the shower, these you must collect the water from in a bucket, or a hose if you have access to grey or sewer, the toilet has a self contained cassette tank that is only for the toilet and is removable to empty. I wish I had a grey tank, dumping 5 gallon pails all the time sometimes sucks. Oh well, still beats tenting on the ground!
Old 10-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #6

Did a quick google search. Looks like some LTD models come with the grey.

Just glad to get away
Old 10-30-2012, 10:02 PM   #7

Absolutely! Mine is much different than yours being a High Wall but we so love our "Woodstock" and wouldn't give up a toilet and heater for anything!

Just glad to get away
Old 10-31-2012, 01:19 AM   #8

Mine has the gray tank, but I never use it. Much prefer to dump a few gallons at a time to taking the tank to the dump station. I'm sure it will be the only option one of these days.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #9

I have the 205. No grey water tank in mine. The shower and toilet is a real bonus than can be used if required but if not makes for good storage area. Great popup. It takes about 30 minutes to set up which is fine for more than one night at a time but a pain if you move daily. It has some great features.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #10

Thanks for the input guys, I bought it this week. I am very happy with my first popup, looking forward to good times camping.