Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2010, 06:07 PM   #1

flagstaff 227 2009

Hi anyone with input !, Just bought mine and find them put togetther very fast. Already the sink drain let go, top air vent leak's and the door frame has a 1/2 inch gap. The dealer is not very helpful and the repairs are near none or very ugly. It"s my first pop up, bought new to avoid these problems but still they are there. Is this normal ?
theguardiansentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:22 AM   #2

Yes, This is normal. We just bought a 2008 repo Flagstaff MAC BR28TSC in August 2010.
Are new to rv's but traveled many times with grandparents in thier hard shell campers over the years. Our sink was fine, I just had to add a water filter. Top air vents leaks at speed nob during rain storm but if before the rain starts we shut the vent cover it does not leak. Door frame is out 1/4" on one side. We are planning to use the trailer for hunting so we just added two grey water tanks to the underside. They exit on the utility side of the trailer. We could not understand why the shower water exited just below instead of the other side of the trailer. We added a shut-off valve at the hose connection point. We had to replace the seat backs at the table with plywood and replaced the hinges here too. The seat backs were resting against the slideout walls this caused the velco to come loose and the old chipboard to get water rot. We are now designing a potable water tank to be added for extra water. We are also adding a second LP tank to the tougue of the trailer. Then maybe a second battery. We already added a kayak rack too.
So we have seen some problems with the trailer but we also got it for half off the price of a new one. And with the low profile while driving the Jeep the gas milage does not seem to bad hauling this on/off road rv with toys to go. We just fix as we go and modify as needed.
Are next biggest problem is the water heater. I know its only 6 gallon but it still does not heat that water very well or at all. It's easier to heat water at the stove to just to wash dishes. And to take a shower forget it. I'm not sure if its the heating element or what is wrong with it.
Good luck with your repairs. I look forward on hearing how you fixed your trailer up.
I'll have to add pictures to show how we are modifing our rv on post them here.
slucas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:00 PM   #3

I used to have a Rockwood pop-up and I never liked how the door fit. With the awning in, it wasn't too bad as long as we were set up perfectly level. With the awning out, the weight of the awning pulled the roof to the side causing a gap at the top of the door. I tried many things to counter the awning weight but nothing worked.
grandpaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:45 PM   #4

flagstaff227 2009

Since our's brandnew we'll try anew dealership to repairthe problems. Thank's forthe imput !!! Seem'si'mnot alone ! Thank's again !
theguardiansentinel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
227, flagstaff, tent camper