Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
Marshmallow Expert

Flagstaff 625D shower

We just purchased a 2004 625D and haven't taken it out yet (hurry vacation!). We are not new to pop up camping, just new to one with a shower. My question is, will the shower, water pump and heater work on battery and/or propane, or just hook ups? We rarely go to CGs with hook ups, and having a 14 year old daughter, well, you understand (I honestly don't think my 11 y.o. son even noticed the shower). Oh, and the sink doesn't have a pump handle, so same question for that.

FYI, the previous owners were worthless at showing us the operations and wouldn't even help us put it down when we went to pick it up, and no manuals

Thanks for your help! This is a great forum.

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.
MSgt Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #2

Everything should work off of your battery and propane without needing hookups. Depending on how cold it gets where you're camping, you might drain the battery rather quickly. If you have some type of generator (or other system) to recharge the battery, and a bunch of extra 5 gal (or so) jugs for water, you'll be good to go. Our popup had a 19 gal freshwater tank that my wife and I would go through rather quickly.
Wife: NY
Me: IL
3 Akitas (RIP D-Dog)
biken201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:28 AM   #3
Flagstaff 625D Popup

Everything should work on battery + propane except the AC outlets.

The battery probably won't last more than a day without a recharge from a generator or your tow vehicle.

If you use the frig, make sure to use propane and NOT 12V for it. It will kill the battery really fast.

I have a 625D, if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Bean
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #4

You will have a small hot water heater. The showers will have to be Navy style (turn on water and get wet, turn off water soap up rinse off. If you let the water run you will be out of hot water before you are finished showering and will have a cold shower. If you are water wise two people can get a shower before it goes cold. Your daughter will not be able to shower like home.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:41 PM   #5
Marshmallow Expert

Thanks!

Thank you for the responses! I was assuming that everything would work self contained, but you know what is said about assuming. Our first trip will be fairly close to home to get a feel for things without being days away from home if a problem arises.

Thanks again! as I have said before, this is a great forum.

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.
MSgt Rick is offline   Reply With Quote