Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2016, 12:51 PM   #1

Flush tank fill question

Thought filling the flush tank would be like falling off a log, but ran into an issue. When prepping the toilet for a trip, I wanted to fill the flush tank by first swing the hinged fill tube out. I removed the cap and added water and it filled virtually right away yet the sight tube is empty. At present, there is water almost right to the top of fill tube and again, only condensation visible in the sight tube. It is a Thetford model 402C I believe.

Am I trying to fill the flush tank using the wrong fill tube? Another problem?
07_rockwood2515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:43 PM   #2

Just keep adding water and watch the fill tube, it acts like a p trap. Thought the same thing the first time I filled mine up also.
JPBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07_rockwood2515 View Post
Thought filling the flush tank would be like falling off a log, but ran into an issue. When prepping the toilet for a trip, I wanted to fill the flush tank by first swing the hinged fill tube out. I removed the cap and added water and it filled virtually right away yet the sight tube is empty. At present, there is water almost right to the top of fill tube and again, only condensation visible in the sight tube. It is a Thetford model 402C I believe.

Am I trying to fill the flush tank using the wrong fill tube? Another problem?
If you pull the tank out you will see a funnel looking thing behind the empty spout...... take that and insert it into the top of the fill spout.......this makes it much easier to fill it faster.....and yes it seems like it will take forever to fill it up until you have done it a few times.
Trevor43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank