Old 08-19-2014, 03:25 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmaker View Post
I currently have a cassette toilet and do not own a black tank. But I am very interested in this subject because this is gonna be a huge change for me when I replace my current HW.

From what I can see on the videos using the hydroflush, the blade valve in the black tank must be open to enable the water spray jet to reach inside the tank. My problem with this is how does one fill the tank up? Does it not just stream out as I spray into it? I get the whole assumption that the spray is hitting all parts in the tank and carrying out the waste. But I am not so sure about that. Would it not be better to fill up the black tank with fresh water and dump the tank a couple of times? Or do people do a combination of all this?

I also like the whole ice cube in the toilet thing while one drives. That seems like it would work really well. lol.

Vin.

Hi guys. I just happen to scanning Youtube and came across this video that kind of summed up my earlier thoughts that I quoted above.

I would really appreciate some comments on the video as I am thinking the best method is just to spray from the toilet opening within the camper. This of course really sucks for pop up people like me as we are closed up when we drive to a dump station.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:57 PM   #22

Using a hose to back fill your black tank wastes an unGodly amount of water.... if you do this several time.... omg....

what I do is drain the black tank first. then, Lift up the drain hose and open one of my gray tanks (which are usually very full), back flush the soapy sink water into the black tank. When water levels are even (halve in each tank), shut the gray tank valve and lower the drain hose and flush the black tank. repeat and rinse... repeat and rinse with other gray tank... no wasted water from hose.

I also have an 'auto' black tank flush connection if I think the tank is not clean enough, but I have only used it once to play with it.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:44 PM   #23

Brother les that would work (grey tank into black) other then on the pups the tanks are NOT connected. We have 2 drain out ends not into 1 outlet. On the tank rinse flush connection FR put the blk tank above floor and sealed the toilet walls but never put one in and us owners cant either unless we tear up the pup. I would have loved a flush connection. Would of made cleaning easier but then you would never know when full so you could over fill the blk and you would look like Robin Williams in the movie RV!!
Old 08-19-2014, 04:57 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinma13 View Post
Brother les that would work (grey tank into black) other then on the pups the tanks are NOT connected. We have 2 drain out ends not into 1 outlet. On the tank rinse flush connection FR put the blk tank above floor and sealed the toilet walls but never put one in and us owners cant either unless we tear up the pup. I would have loved a flush connection. Would of made cleaning easier but then you would never know when full so you could over fill the blk and you would look like Robin Williams in the movie RV!!

oooppsy....

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:11 PM   #25

Im still gonna see if I can do what you do. Brother les might be able to with some plumbing.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:14 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinma13 View Post
Exactly.

I wish there was a way to send the grey into the black tank and then out the black tank drain. the soapy water would do some good I think.

I think there is no option for us other than to drag a hose into the pop and spray the tank 3 or 4 times until it is clean. Even then, one is most likely gonna have to put ice cubes inside to break everything up.

I still shake my head at the wisdom of a black tank in a pop up.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
Old 08-19-2014, 08:29 PM   #27

I like a black tank in a pup for me considering I am handicap and a cassette would be unable to carry and dump. If they would have just put a tank rinse tornado in and yould just have to time it so you dont over fill.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:34 PM   #28

I asked the factory to install a cassette instead for me but they would not do it.

2015 HW296
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#

Tags
black, black water, tank, water, water tank