Old 09-11-2015, 02:17 AM   #1

Front storage bin

Gang,

I have the large plastic sliding bath tub thing in the front compartment of my Flagstaff.

Does anybody want to share some pictures of how you have yours loaded and what's in it?

I'm used to my TT where I had bins set up and labeled (outside, electrical, etc) so that I could just pull out what I needed. With this bathtub sized slider, that won't be an option.

Also, what do you keep in that upper part that you can only open when the bunk are in? I'm thinking leveling blocks, jack wrench, water hose, 30amp power cord extension so far.. I'd hate to put something in there and then need it while set up.

Thanks!

Old 09-11-2015, 07:48 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChief View Post
Gang,

I have the large plastic sliding bath tub thing in the front compartment of my Flagstaff.

Does anybody want to share some pictures of how you have yours loaded and what's in it?

I'm used to my TT where I had bins set up and labeled (outside, electrical, etc) so that I could just pull out what I needed. With this bathtub sized slider, that won't be an option.

Also, what do you keep in that upper part that you can only open when the bunk are in? I'm thinking leveling blocks, jack wrench, water hose, 30amp power cord extension so far.. I'd hate to put something in there and then need it while set up.

Thanks!
I gotta fix a leak in mine but I have it set up this way....

I put utility stuff on the utility side, hoses, power cords, TV cables, leveling blocks, wheel chocks, and a tool kit and 2 camping lanterns. Above these items i store a folding table that has to be removed for the tray to slide out.
so when i get to the site, folding table is out first, then i have access to all the utility stuff that was listed.

On the Entry side, starting top down I have the grill and gas stove, and they sit on top of 4 folding chairs and those are on top of a 8x10 outdoor rug.
Again the grill and stove have to be removed for the tub to slide left or right.

so in conclusion, in my storage bin, i have to remove a table, a stove and a grill before i set up the camper, that way the sliding tray can then be accessed as needed for setting up the utility or door side of the camper.

Old 09-11-2015, 08:55 AM   #3

My wife and I pack the clothes in there. Take hers and my bag out at the campsite. We leave the kids clothes in there to keep it neat. We also tuck in the kids pillows from home,tv(if we take it) and beach towels. Nice clean dry spot to keep the clothes. I keep the hoses cords etc in one of the dinette cabinets able to access from outside. The grill and extra tools are in the truck bed.

Me the missus and three hooligans!
2014 Rockwood Premier 2317g
2012 Ford F150 super crew ecoboost
2011 Honda Pilot
Old 09-13-2015, 11:33 PM   #4

My previous popup had front storage but there was a door inside under the bunk to reach stuff once the bed was pullout out. No door?
Old 09-14-2015, 07:24 AM   #5

Sorry, I don't have a picture of mine. I keep most of our outside stuff there that I can.

The outside grill is on the left side. Hose is underneath that, although I rarely need to get to that. Keep our 3 folding chairs, tiki torches, BAL leveler, water container for the sink drainer, outside lights, pie irons, and some misc outside items there. Also keep my outside lightweight ladder there too. I get everything out that I need before pulling the beds out to minimize pulling the tray out once set up.

I will see if I can go out later and take a picture of it. Mine is really a mess alot of the time, lol

Nights Camped in 2017-29
2016-33, 2015-22, 2014-22, 2013-20
exploreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:18 PM   #6

We have our two bag chairs, the tri-pod, the basketball bag that contains our fire tongs, pudgie pie irons, pop corn popper, hot dog forks, and some other long items I can't remember, two small plastic side tables, the xtra extentsion cord, a bottle jack, the tire iron, the gray waste water bucket with cover, the lynx levelers. We also have our jarts& washers in a plastic storage bin, the outside lights for the awning. We used to keep alot more stuff but have really cleaned out stuff we don't use anymore. I also have an outside table that really doesn't fit but will if it rides on top of the bin. The welcome sign also rides in there.

hottiehaas11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage