Old 05-27-2014, 11:33 AM   #1

Gap in screen door

Purchased a 2014 HW27KS back in August of last year. The screen door appears to be out of alignment. When you place the screen door in the frame you get an inconsistant gap ranging from nothing up to about 1/4 inch on oneside. We've tried different things from leveling the pup to adding weather stripping around the door. No help.

Had th pup in for general service and asked about it. We were told this is normal in pop ups. So now I turn to the experts since we are kind of new to pop-ups. How do I fix the gap? I would like to keep my heat and AC in the pup and would like to keep "some" of the bugs out. ;-) .

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Marlton, NJ

Old 05-27-2014, 09:01 PM   #2

Can you adjust the door by a slight bending of the hinge? Out screen door needed a little bend in the hinge as it worked.

Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:29 AM   #3

Not an expert, but have had a similar problem. The door wouldn't fit on one corner due to the closeness of the roof to the door. Levels still show the body is level, side-to-side and front-to-back. So the last time, I went out and hit the winch motor switch UP really quick and one corner must have popped up a bit (I never noticed it outside), but the door now fit.
So maybe, it is just the top is a bit crooked, and a VERY QUICK HIT OF THE MOTOR SWITCH

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:40 AM   #4

How are you leveling the camper? I ask because leveling the camper with stabilizer jacks can put a mean twist on the box and almost make the door impossible to put in.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:06 AM   #5

Trevor43 - Husband levels with blocks. I guess I should add the screen door goes in no problem.... the bottom corners will have no gaps but by a third of the way up the door we are at a 1/4 - 1/2 inch gap. The gap is so intense that the thumb screw at that area used to hold the door in place doesn't even make contact with the door itself. Like I said we've tried many different things to correct but nothing seems to work. I think we are now leaning towards placing a rubber weatherstrip attached to the outsid of the door to cover the gap itself.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:04 PM   #6

Gap in screen door

Can you remove the frame and shim it out underneath it? Sounds like a bad door cut.

Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door