Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2015, 07:25 PM   #1

going to miss my outside propane stove

We are super excited that next week we will be picking up our brand new 2317G. But the thing I am going to miss most I think is the outside stove. Does anyone use the rvq for cooking like you would a stove? the plan is to try our next three trips to figure out what we really want. I noticed some people use a induction stove? I looked at them and we don't want to invest in new cookware. They look nice but is there another option. I don't want to monkey with a coleman stove. Thoughts?

Beth
hottiehaas11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:34 PM   #2

We missed ours also, when we went from a tent trailer to our travel trailer. We bought a Camp Chef stove (low pressure) and a long hose to connect to the quick release and use it on a table under the awning. Found it at Gander Mountain for $120 and ordered the hose directly from Camp Chef.

http://www.campchef.com/weekender-two-burner-stove.html
http://www.campchef.com/fire-pits/rv...tion-hose.html
ontario_camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 01:07 PM   #3

We have the same model PUP. We don't use the RYQ. We remove a tank and hook up a two burner Coleman and a Coleman road trip.
Not what you are looking for buying am interested in what you end up with

Me the missus and three hooligans!
2014 Rockwood Premier 2317g
2012 Ford F150 super crew ecoboost
2011 Honda Pilot
3hooligans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 01:34 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to B and B
I use a portable Coleman Propane stove. It is 42 years old and still working just fine. I have a adapter for 20 lb tanks or uses recyclable small cylinders as well.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 06:27 PM   #5

Roberts sales has the inside/outside 2 or 3 burner stoves that come on Rockwood's sister Flagstaff coaches. They run about $200. We miss ours as well, our 2514G has the nice flush mount like yours. We haven't used our RVQ and most likely will not. I like to use the camp fire for grilling. After all, we are camping right?
61cubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 09:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottiehaas11 View Post
We are super excited that next week we will be picking up our brand new 2317G. But the thing I am going to miss most I think is the outside stove. Does anyone use the rvq for cooking like you would a stove? the plan is to try our next three trips to figure out what we really want. I noticed some people use a induction stove? I looked at them and we don't want to invest in new cookware. They look nice but is there another option. I don't want to monkey with a coleman stove. Thoughts?

Beth

Yes, those outside stoves are really nice. I really like ours.

Just a suggestion.......Check occasionally on Craigs List. In our area I have seen others selling outside cook stoves, the ones used for Pop Ups and TT's, most likely salvaged from campers being parted out.

I have thought about getting an extra for when the house power goes out. We are all electric in the house and having one of those outside LP stoves would be perfect for picking up the slack until the power comes back on.
2019 Flagstaff HW29SC ( sold )
2017 Salem Cruise Lite 232RBXL ( sold )
2014 Ford 150 XLT 5.0 2wd
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 09:39 PM   #7

3hooligans-
WOW you sound like you have the same setup we have. Right down to TV! BTW love my pick up! I will definitely let you know if what we decide with our outside stove situation.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:49 PM   #8

Excellent. I love the layout.

Me the missus and three hooligans
2014 rockwood premier 2317g
2012 F 150 super crew Eco boost.
3hooligans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 02:54 PM   #9

outside stove instead of grill

We got our 2015 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2109s in March. Immediately sold the outside BBQ grill. Our dealer was able to order the outside stove from the forest river pop-up plant (not where the Mini-Lite is built). It works great just like in our pop-up days. It sets up pretty high - but I'm 6-3 tall, so I actually like it.

Happy Camping
dannyeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 03:06 PM   #10

http://ouioutdoors.com/product-list/sidekick-grill/
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 04:38 PM   #11

Had our mini lite for a year now and never used the outside LP stove. For outdoor cooking I really like to do that over the campfire. Bought the Wimpys campfire grill , but then I enjoy the wood smoke flavor. We have steamed vegetables in foil along with many different meats. I guess the outside stove would be a plus under the awning in the rain. I'm sure you could adapt a Coleman camp stove or retro fit to run off your lp tank.
Freetyme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 05:12 PM   #12

We are going to see if we can buy the atwood/wedgewood stove top. DH thinks that if we can get this item, he will be able to make a counter for it. We had to replace the counter on our stove from the coleman two years ago. We see that House of Camping does sell the parts.

Tags
propane