Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2016, 06:16 AM   #21

hello/goodbye

Enjoy! Whatever the conveyance, I think we all love camping! I like the fact we can pup it all year round, and my wife, my daughter, and I cherish the time together, and thank goodness for all the fine parks and fine people who appreciate them!

2004 GMC Sierra 4x4
Ringbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:38 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringbill View Post
Enjoy! Whatever the conveyance, I think we all love camping! I like the fact we can pup it all year round, and my wife, my daughter, and I cherish the time together, and thank goodness for all the fine parks and fine people who appreciate them!
Totally agree!
Old 04-23-2016, 06:00 PM   #23

Congrats. Here's to many miles of fun and adventure.
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 09:57 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmpdnorth View Post
I ended up buying a keystone passport. I haven't been able to find a forum anywhere that matches the great information that this one provides. I hope I can find one that compares to this one.
You can always stay here. No need to move.

2015 23 BD Gray Wolf
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 TX Edition 2015 - 7 nights, 2 trips, 2016 - 2 trip, 24 nights, 2017 1 trip, 3 nights 2018 1 trip, 93 nights

mdstudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 10:14 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmpdnorth View Post
I ended up buying a keystone passport. I haven't been able to find a forum anywhere that matches the great information that this one provides. I hope I can find one that compares to this one.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 10:24 AM   #26
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
No, those rat bastards stole it from under us. We looked at that camper at that place and well...

They deserve it, though. Their wife is a hell of a mud wrestler and that was the tie breaker. I'm still just a little bitter.

That's funny right there! E-dad, you're gonna have to brush up on your skills. 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:44 AM   #27

Thanks for all the posts and kinds words everyone! We picked up the Rockwood last Thursday and left friday evening for our maiden voyage! It was a success and we greatly enjoyed the new camper. We just stayed at a KOA for the weekend for an out of town soccer tournament. My 10 y.o. daughter plays competitive soccer and we are out of town almost every other weekend in the spring and fall for tournaments and league play. We love using the camper instead of staying in a stale old hotel room. We have another family on the team that camps with us and the kids have a great time.

The new travel trailer made the camping even more enjoyable. Thankfully the other family is very experienced with travel trailers as they have a Hybrid, so he was able to help me with using and flushing out the sewer system and hooking up the WD hitch and sway bar and had a few other little pointers for me.

I did not miss the pop-up, even towing...the travel trailer pulled very nice and the WD hitch and sway bar did their job, even with a windy drive home on Sunday evening!

We made it to the championship game, so all of us campers had parked in a grassy area close to the fields and as we were waiting for the championship game to start, most of the team ended up at our camper...we extended the power awning and had a nice shady spot to relax and quick access to the fridge for some cold drinks!

Everyone has told me it is a progression...hopefully we will get quite a few years out of this one, but I could see a 5th wheel at some point in the future whenever I am ready to get a bigger truck...or better yet, a motor home and just tow the car behind!
Old 04-28-2016, 02:13 PM   #28

Congrats and enjoy.

2015 Rockwood HW296
2014 Silverado 1500 LTZ
W4NT3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 02:39 PM   #29

Congrats!

We also just moved up from the pop-up world. Enjoyed it, kept it, but the new beast is awesome. I just have to get another vehicle to handle it better!
Wayne29BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 01:50 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Congratulations!! You started in RVing exactly where we did! Be forewarned it is a progression

Yep but I decided to go from tent to a 33' TT to a Hybrid, next move is to a 5th wheel, enjoy your new camper

2016 F350 SCREW SB 6.7 PS Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
Old 05-04-2016, 03:07 PM   #31

Congrats!! We had our pop up for about 5 years. Much better than tent camping but wanted more room and grew tired of setting it up. Taking it down and then having to repeat after getting it home to dry out. Love our new TT. Still working out the bugs on the WDH but I'm sure we will get it. Congrats again.
Hugeez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pop up