Old 06-10-2014, 05:10 PM   #11

HSVBamabob what is OldCoots mods?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forest River Forums mobile app

Old 06-10-2014, 07:34 PM   #12

This is just preference. I have managed for a while without having both hooked up, but when I dump the black, I like the ability to just pull the valve. I don't want to have to keep putting my gloves on to switch hoses in the campsite dump. Also, since the grey fills up faster, I pretty much dump my black each time the grey fills. I open the black, empty it, close the black, open the grey to flush the hose that just had the black in it till the grey is empty then close the grey. This makes it easier for me. However; I am not telling anyone how to setup their camper, please don't take it that way, just another suggestion of how I am going to do it. I have stolen so many great suggestions on here, I just thought I would offer one of my own. Plus I am working on some gas line things as well. That should be complete in about a week or two.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:57 PM   #13

What you guys did looks great, but I wonder why the tanks are not joined together with one central outlet, like on most TTs.
MOD Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:29 PM   #14

mod guy I wonder that too. the thing that gets me most is they dont have a clean out valve like a tornado rinse. and the blank tank is above floor which makes it almost impossible to install one. yes I agree with marcnangel thos is my setup suggestions dont know it even works good. just a set up I was thinking. but ill take ANY suggestions cause the more brains are better. hope everyone has a great camp

Old 06-11-2014, 04:36 PM   #15

Mod Guy, I think it's because the black tank is higher than the grey water and the concern becomes mixing.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcnAngel View Post
Mod Guy, I think it's because the black tank is higher than the grey water and the concern becomes mixing.
Maybe, but its possible to get mixing buy having both BW and GW valves open at the same time on a TT joined setup (at least it is on mine). I have just never had them both open at the same time.

I would guess it may have more to do with the possibility of damaging the pipes, since a PU sits lower than a TT. I personally don't think that damage is likely here. This set up would drive me crazy (and may do so in the future if we ever decide to go back to a PU). I would have to figure out a way to connect these two drains into on central outlet. Less fuss to deal with and set-up, less stuff to carry (less fuss and less stuff=more time to relax and enjoy the trip!).
Old 06-11-2014, 04:52 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinma13 View Post
mod guy I wonder that too. the thing that gets me most is they dont have a clean out valve like a tornado rinse. and the blank tank is above floor which makes it almost impossible to install one. yes I agree with marcnangel thos is my setup suggestions dont know it even works good. just a set up I was thinking. but ill take ANY suggestions cause the more brains are better. hope everyone has a great camp

With the tank sitting above the floor, one side of it may be accessible from an adjoin cabinet or access panel. Is so, I would try to install a flush kit. You might have to use a right angle drill to cut the hole, but then the tubing could be routed to the sidewall for an external hook-up. Much the same way its done on a 5'er.

Let us know if you come up with something.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:16 PM   #18
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinma13 View Post
HSVBamabob what is OldCoots mods?
I hard plumbed the galley tank at the rear of our camper to the front grey & black tanks so I only use one hose to dump all 3 tanks using individual valves. Galley tank valve is open all the time back at the tank itself and shut off up at the junction of the other two tanks. Yes, I added a valve. Total cost was just under $25 for valve, pvc, etc.

Tags
black, black water, water, water connection