Old 06-27-2016, 08:49 PM   #111
Pop Up Newb

This has got to be the most frustrating aspect of my Flagstaff 228D. We have yet to use the shower (or toilet for that matter), but as I get closer to using it and trying to figure it all out, I now realize i need to run a pipe back across the PUP to the sink side, or from the sink side to the other side and into a gray water tank?

At this point I have just been running my sink drain into a hose and off onto the ground, never even occurred to me we needed to be putting it into a tank. Guess I am the worlds worst camper...

Old 06-28-2016, 08:27 AM   #112

Yes I have a 228 also bad design on grey water issue. What I have done is .
1) for sink I use a 5 gallon water bottle with hose coming form drain.
2) use 30 gallon tote for shower.

I did do mod last year and ran 1 1/2 inch PVC form shower drain to left side of camper and put the 3 inch adapter I got from this post. Works well, now the tote is where it should be and not by the front door. When the DW and I go camping I just take the tote and 5 gal bottle and the toilet tank to the dump station each morning to dump and rinse all 3 takes about 15 minutes. Shower is small though, but we do not have to use the campground facilities which is why we bought the camper with the bath and potty in the first place.

Don't get frustrated, just think about all the little things and make it work for you and your set up.

Have a great camping season!!

Old 06-28-2016, 09:13 AM   #113

Blaklabl. No ur not the worse camper in the wordless just uninformed. But now if you still did it after knowing you shouldn't that could make you the worse. But then again its gray water it could be black!
Old 06-28-2016, 11:50 AM   #114
Pop Up Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinma13 View Post
Blaklabl. No ur not the worse camper in the wordless just uninformed. But now if you still did it after knowing you shouldn't that could make you the worse. But then again its gray water it could be black!
Well, I should clarify I DID know that you can't drain black water...I just didn't really realize the sink "gray water" couldn't just drain out of a hose onto the ground away from the campsite. I also didn't realize the shower didn't have a gray water holding tank until now.

In my short 8 months of ownership I have figured out a few things I should have been more educated about before the purchase...which is leading me to look at other models now...wonder how much of a bath I would take trading it back in so quick and upgrading...
Old 06-28-2016, 12:47 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaklabl View Post
Well, I should clarify I DID know that you can't drain black water...I just didn't really realize the sink "gray water" couldn't just drain out of a hose onto the ground away from the campsite. I also didn't realize the shower didn't have a gray water holding tank until now.

In my short 8 months of ownership I have figured out a few things I should have been more educated about before the purchase...which is leading me to look at other models now...wonder how much of a bath I would take trading it back in so quick and upgrading...
When we decided on a pup, it was full hook ups only, which meant a high wall model. We also camp at full hook up campgrounds which makes things even easier. I did not want to have to deal with totes and dump stations. That's just me. Those things are probably not a big deal to others.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:52 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurticus View Post
When we decided on a pup, it was full hook ups only, which meant a high wall model. We also camp at full hook up campgrounds which makes things even easier. I did not want to have to deal with totes and dump stations. That's just me. Those things are probably not a big deal to others.
I do the same. FH other then 1 camping trip to a state park with other family. But after that trip we stay at a FH so we can dump n clean throughly.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:55 PM   #117

Quote:

Didn't mean you were doing it on purpose. We all learn from mistakes just hopefully we can learn from someone else's not ours! Lol. Yeah I wanted a shower n toilet and can't dump a cassette style so we only had a choice of which highwall. Love my HW other then fridge location and bag awning.
Old 06-28-2016, 01:04 PM   #118

Quote:

To answer your question, you could always sell yourself and buy a used HW. We waited and found a two year old like new HW by owner. Saved us $6K versus the otd price at our local dealer for a new one. Granted, there's no warranty, but I can deal with that and the savings.
Old 06-28-2016, 01:37 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurticus View Post
To answer your question, you could always sell yourself and buy a used HW. We waited and found a two year old like new HW by owner. Saved us $6K versus the otd price at our local dealer for a new one. Granted, there's no warranty, but I can deal with that and the savings.
The warranty bumper to bumper is only 1 yr for new anyways. We bought new only because the local dealer had 1 new and 1 used. The used was 4 yrs old already and he only wanted 2k more for a new one. But then he had to order a new one because that one sold pretty much at the same time as we bought and we got a 2015 for the price of the 2014 which was 1k less then it was supposed to sell for.
Old 06-28-2016, 02:35 PM   #120
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinma13 View Post
The warranty bumper to bumper is only 1 yr for new anyways.
FR offers a 2nd year factory warranty for their popups, for only $100.
Most dealers don't tell customers about it so they can sell 3rd party warranties that they get a commission on.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain