Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2015, 07:23 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

The kid I sent you a pm on how to start a new thread and how to find your old posts.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:03 PM   #22

Thanks, everyone for sharing your advice and stories.
Jeremy
jeremyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:38 AM   #23

It may be common but it should never happen. We to often accept this type of stuff as normal or common. There are those on here who always take up for the manufacture and label this as common. This kind of thing on RVs 30 years ago did not happen and they did not have the Technology available today. Poor workmanship period. Let FR know of your issues.
harderd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:56 AM   #24

Wink wow

wow are are on our 2nd new camper in ten years our first was a Viking popup and now a 23ss roo and we have never had to go back to the dealer with any problems
bareftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 07:12 AM   #25
Georgia Rally Coordinator

And we have problems with campers.

Recalls Help Drive Growing Dissatisfaction With New Auto Purchases

by Herb Weisbaum

Auto sales are booming. And yet, many buyers are less than pleased with their new vehicles, according to a national customer satisfaction survey published Tuesday.
Of the 27 auto brands tracked by the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) Automobile Report, 15 lost customer satisfaction from a year ago. Only two — Acura (up 8 percent) and BMW (up 3 percent) — gained any ground, with the remaining dozen unchanged.
Overall owner satisfaction — 79 out of 100 points — was down 3.7 percent from last year. It was the third straight yearly decline, and the lowest score since 2004.
One reason for the lower numbers is a record number of recalls — nearly 64 million last year, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Related: Feds Probe Non-Inflation of Air Bags in Some Older Honda Accords
"While it is true that all cars are now much better than they were 10 to 20 years ago, it is alarming that so many of them have quality problems," said Claes Fornell, ACSI chairman and founder in a statement.
Jack Gillis, author of "The Car Book 2015," isn't surprised that owners are frustrated by the recalls, many of them to fix life-threatening defects.
"While recall notices are a good thing, because they identify problems and offer solutions, the backlog in parts needed to fix the recalls is likely causing angst among the owners waiting to get their cars fixed," he said.
And then there's the price

The ACSI survey shows that sticker shock is another factor driving down buyer satisfaction.
The average cost of a new vehicle in the U.S. is now $33,453, according to the latest estimate from Kelly

Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:03 PM   #26

Problems

As with anything made on a assembly line your going to have issues nothing like these is made perfect all the time. When we picked up our Georgetown I went thru it with a fine tooth comb, we had a punch list of 20 items that needed some attention and after the first couple trips more items showed up , nothing major but still little things that need to be fixed under warranty. We finally have everything squared away and its great. Take your time and stay on top of any and everything while your under warranty.
siskom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:28 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyg View Post
Hi,
I just bought a Coachmen Clipper 806, 2015 and had several issues.
Our dealership's salesman and service rep. told me that it is common for people to fix a lot of little things under warranty. We fixed these this week.
1.We popped our city water in spite of regulator. Installed improperly at manufacturer.
2. New nitrogen tire popped with two huge wear holes. Tire issue.
3. Range top. Falls off each time we fold it down. Manufact.
4. Leaked in rain where some stripping under the bunk failed. Manufact.
5. Siding for the tent came undone on both sides of trailer. Manufact.

Is the popup a lemon or these issues are common?

Also, do people return trailers under similar circumstances?

With cars in Canada, one can go to arbitration if a new car is a lemon and get car replaced.

Regards,
Jeremy
BC
I would say pretty common. We bought ours new. Had to take it back for the canvas leaking at the seams in two of the tenting areas (separate areas), one of the pieces broke that holds the glass down on the stove top. Deal said that one was so common they have those in stock so they don't have to get them from the factory. An alignment issue with the door that wasn't caught when we picked it up. And one of the stabilizers needed replaced. Oh, also the hot side of the shower line started leaking on the inside. So had them deal with that. Now that it is out of its one year bumper to bumper, I will be taking care of that little stuff.

My dealer is about 2 1/2 hours away and has been good to work with. I would not take it to them for the little stuff. I just waited and had them deal with it when I had other stuff done.

The stabilizer I actually took off, mailed to them, they sent it to FR, and then I got a new one sent right to my house. Pretty easy.

So, I think we are good for now. I hope

Good luck.

Nights Camped in 2021-?

2020-8, 2019-27, 2018-12, 2017-29, 2016-33, 2015-22, 2014-22, 2013-20
exploreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:32 PM   #28

Send a message via MSN to PHILIPHD Send a message via Skype™ to PHILIPHD
I just received a call from my RV Repair Shop. My 2015 Forest River 378 XL Georgetown has been in the shop for a week now with AC problems. They called to say that my roof unit will have to be replaced. Problem it may take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months to get a replacement unit here.
PHILIPHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 07:04 PM   #29
DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyg View Post
Hi,
I just bought a Coachmen Clipper 806, 2015 and had several issues.
Our dealership's salesman and service rep. told me that it is common for people to fix a lot of little things under warranty. We fixed these this week.
1.We popped our city water in spite of regulator. Installed improperly at manufacturer.
2. New nitrogen tire popped with two huge wear holes. Tire issue.
3. Range top. Falls off each time we fold it down. Manufact.
4. Leaked in rain where some stripping under the bunk failed. Manufact.
5. Siding for the tent came undone on both sides of trailer. Manufact.

Is the popup a lemon or these issues are common?

Also, do people return trailers under similar circumstances?

With cars in Canada, one can go to arbitration if a new car is a lemon and get car replaced.

Regards,
Jeremy
BC
You say manufacturer beside them and while this is true your dealer is supposed to do a PDI which includes most of what you ended up with, the QC in manufacturing is not good but the dealer gets paid to do his part and so many just let the customer find the problem for them.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote