Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2015, 11:24 PM   #1

HW276 Brake performance

Bought new beginning of the year with 200 tow miles on it. Started out the integrated controller at 4 and progressed to 8 testing on dry pavement at 20-25 MPH.

Seemed good there with a noticeable tug synched with the tow vehicle braking. Just out of curiosity, I took the controller bias to 10 which max and didn't notice a great deal of increased braking, much less getting to the threshold of brake lock-up. Tow vehicle is a 2014 F-150 Super Crew.

Is this normal or should I expect to be closer to lock up at max bias?

Greg
Tree Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 02:11 PM   #2

Anybody??

Greg
Old 07-20-2015, 02:26 PM   #3
clr

I think if you look through the setup options for your built in brake controller you will find that there are three levels of output to select from low, med and high. The default is low so you may want to try higher. I left mine at low and am about 7 on that scale. It is next to impossible to lock up the TT brakes with the controller the computer will not let you or tries to not let you. If you are getting a slight tug from the TT when stopping and it no longer feels like you are being pushed during stopping I would call it good.
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 05:28 PM   #4

Very good. What is your tow vehicle?

Greg
Old 07-20-2015, 06:42 PM   #5
clr

I tow with an F350 dully diesel 2010 Chassis Cab with a 8 foot box. Great truck for towing or anything for that matter. This is my second super duty I had the first for 11 years.
clr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes