Old 05-19-2014, 10:50 AM   #1
HW296 Screen Room

Hi all,
I'm looking for feedback on the add a room. It came with our pup but we haven't attached it yet. The plan is to take it into the dealer tomorrow to have it installed. I have heard that people don't use it much. Do any of you use it?
I'm interested to know if it's worth drilling holes in the trailer and worth the time to set it up.

Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:35 PM   #2
Take The Road Less Travld
I installed mine myself when I had the 276 HW. Wasn't too difficult if you have some DIY background. Just be sure to caulk the screw holes. As far as your question goes, no, we did not use it much. I'd say about 5 times in 7 years. I only set it up if I went camping for more than a weekend trip. At least 3 nights. It's was really nice to have I might add. But I just didn't feel like setting it up most of the time. We had other plans on most of our camping trips than to stay under the screened in room. But is was a nice place for a little privacy as well as keeping things dryer.

"Take The Road Less Traveled"
2013 Rockwood Roo 233s
2013 Ford F150 FX4
I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:10 PM   #3
Mine came with one. Haven't used it. Wondering if it's worth setting up or not. Most of my trips are 1-2 nights, and 3 at the most.
tlewis24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:14 AM   #4
We have it on our 228D. It changed how the water drains off the awning in the event of rain: it doesn't. It pools in the awning completely. You have to lower a corner anytime you leave it unattended in case of rain fall or else you risk pooling water and failure of the awning poles. I learned from experience at 3 in the morning when the entire thing came crashing down on me pinning me to the trailer itself during a freak storm.
islandR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:48 PM   #5
Thanks for the heads up. We got it installed but haven't used it yet. We'll be careful now.
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote