Old 06-21-2012, 07:04 PM   #1

inside bathroom

Hi folks,

We are still pop up looking. I think the plan is to buy a pop up with the shower/bathroom option. Anyone out there have any experience with this option?

Bob

Old 06-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #2

Yes we have a Flagstaff 625D. We use the bathroom often especially with our grandson. The shower less often.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #3

Our 1st pop up, a Viking had the shower with toilet. It was great and loved it. Just think, when the little ones wake up late at night you don't have to walk to the rest room. I also got a few 5 gallon jugs for when we took showers. Just dump at the dump station when you unload your holding tank. With having a toilet in any pop up, you can also deduct from your taxes. Good Luck with your decision.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #4

Had a pop up wtih no bathroom for years - sucked.
Shower...depends on how long you camp and how you feel about campground showers. My wife prefers the one in the camper, I find it very cramped. We rarely camp more than 3 days and go swimming daily so it's not used that often.
Our CG doesn't have sewage on the sites so you have to blu-boy it so that also discourages me from showering a lot. It will get a lot more use in July when we camp for 10 days. It will be nice to have it then.
My father in law took the shower/potty out of his pop up and just aims for sites near bathrooms.

Nights camped 2011: 11 2012: 18 2013: 12 2014: 12 2015: 13 2016: 56 2017: 8+
prof_fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:53 PM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to C.C.
My first camper was a Pop Up and Loved it, I had no bathroom /shower option at that time and no kids. they sleep a small army and the a/c will freeze you out. I always depended on campground showers etc. some were nice some were better off swimming and calling that your bath, The things that made me start to want a bigger non pop up unit was showing up at campground starts raining trying to pop them up fasten the tent around the bunks with out interior getting wet or time to leave its raining no choice but pop it down wet and store then gotta remember open it up to dry out to prevent mildew. they have came a long ways with them now days . no crank handle to raise and lower. all electric. showers, bath rooms etc. for the weekend camper not spending much time inside the camper they are perfect easy to pull. No blind spots in heavy traffic compared to pulling a 32 ft travel trailer. vehicles burn no more fuel pulling them. , compared to my truck depending roads, wind etc. I have gotten as little as 9 mpg with a 5.7 L gas engine, and as much as 16 mpg. to with the pop up small car truck, suv, even 4 cylinders will handle the pop up. They are less expensive so get it loaded out, big as possible. the more room the happier you will be. some come with a built in storage box in the front which can be acessed from out side or inside the camper this is excellent option. Good Luck.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #6

Do the ones with showers have a black water tank and hose that can be dumped like a regualar camper? I really don't want to do the casette shuffle.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #7

Most PUPs won't have gray or black tanks. A few might have black.

My A126 A-Frame has a cassette toilet and we make use of the CG showers. Love having the toilet but in such a small unit I wouldn't care much about a tiny shower and having to deal with the higher volume of gray water catch tanks.
Reese 66065 WDH, Curt WDH Shank #17120
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Mopar 7-pin Harness
B&M Transmission Cooler (#70268)
Jeep4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgbbob
Do the ones with showers have a black water tank and hose that can be dumped like a regualar camper? I really don't want to do the casette shuffle.
I believe the High Wall models like the HW29sc have holding tanks. Mine has the cassette and it really is not much of a chore for me.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #9

I have been looking on the Forest River site and thought the same thing. Please hang with me on this. Does the shower then go into the casette or is that into a seperate tank or gray water system. I think I am headed for a toilet and shower but need to understand which way to go.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:14 PM   #10

Someone with better knowledge will chime in, but I think toilet will go either black tank or cassette, and gray to a holding tank you provide like a blue or barker that you have to take to the dump station.

Reese 66065 WDH, Curt WDH Shank #17120
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Mopar 7-pin Harness
B&M Transmission Cooler (#70268)
Jeep4Two is offline   Reply With Quote