Old 05-29-2011, 11:59 PM   #1

Just purchased 2006 HW256

Hi Folks,
Just purchased a 2006 HW 256 off ebay and first question I have is did I get a decent deal at $7900. Item can be seen at
2006 Forest River Rockwood HW256 Pop up Travel Trailer | eBay

I'm going to pick it up this week and was wondering if anyone can offer advice or tips that I should look for in particular other than obvious things like does the AC/heater, hot water, microwave, range, oven shower and toilet work?
I will be sure to look for mold and mildew as well as an odd smell (I've been assured by the seller all is good but will see) of camper both inside and out.

There are no owners manuals and this is my first camper so I'm really not sure how to operate most things and was wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase or download manuals for this unit.

Appreciate any advice in advance.

Mike

Old 05-30-2011, 12:07 AM   #2

Congrats on the "new to you" pup and to the forum!

I've looked at the Flagstaff HW series trailers at my dealer and I'm impressed with them.

While checking everything you said, the only other things I can only think of are the canvas (rips, tears?) and lift motor and cables. The price looks pretty good to me.

If everything checks out, I say go for and !

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:14 AM   #3

Hi,
Thanks for your reply and welcome. I believe they told me the owner was actually from Oklahoma as well. I hope to be able to track them down and find out more history on the unit once I get the title.

I will definitely take my time and try to do a thorough check out as I don't want to start my new experience off on the wrong foot.

One quick question, I will need to buy two propane bottles for the unit and was wondering if these are the same 20lb tanks used on most grills? If so I already have one.

Thanks
Old 05-30-2011, 12:33 AM   #4

Yeah, the tanks are the same. I swap mine out with the grill at the house.

As far as operation of everything, I'm guessing they'll walk you through and show that everything works. None of it is very complicated. You'll want to have them set it up and tear it back down.
You could take notes or even video as they show you everything. That way you'll have something to check back on in case you do forget something. Actually that would be better than the manuals. They're pretty generic and not very useful. You can always ask questions on this forum. Everyone on here is good at helping out.

Good luck.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:05 AM   #5

Good point, thank you Gary.