Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2018, 02:56 PM   #1

Lift cable rubbing propane line

I have a 2017, Freedom 2318G and I just noticed over the weekend that the lift cable, is rubbing against one of the propane lines. Looks to be copper or brass (I can't really tell), but it's pretty sturdy and can't be moved by hand. I was going to try and move it out of the way, but it won't budge.

The line being rubbed goes to the stove. We only light the stove before using the water heater, or furnace. I remember the dealer saying that was necessary, but i can't remember why.

Anyways, would it be fine if I switch out that line for a flex line of some kind? I'd rather do that before the cable rubs a hole in the current one and then I have a leak.

Any ideas?
neil0215.ns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 05:24 PM   #2

Can you take a pic? If that line is copper tubing, it can be moved. It’s just quite stiff and will take a lot of elbow grease to budge it.
IonicBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 08:52 PM   #3

A couple of wraps of Gorilla tape around the pipe to protect the line and replace as needed?
Velosprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 08:59 PM   #4

pipe probably copper so bend it a little and buffer it with Gorilla tape

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:55 AM   #5

I'll try and get a pic this weekend. The gorilla tape is a good idea if I can't get it moved over
neil0215.ns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:29 PM   #6

When I bought my trailer new, one of the first things I did was look at the battery, electrical and propane lines to see how they were routed. I noticed that the battery cable from the tongue was just dangling there through a hole in the frame. The propane line was the same.

I got some pool noodles and "insulated" the lines to keep from chaffing against the frame.
tosh99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, lift, propane