Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2013, 12:36 PM   #1

lift system

Hi, I have a 2010 Rockwood tent trailer model 1950 and the cable has broken twice now. Has anyone had an experience where there might have been something not wrong with the cable but within the channel or wench that might be fraying the cable and making it break? I really want to be ready to go camping. Also is there somewhere on here that people rate dealers and repairs? Just so I can get a look. Would appreciate any help I can get.
sweetpea1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #2
Site Team

There are a couple of places where the cable passes through if they have sharp edges it could fray the cable. You should be able to inspect them and make sure it operates freely. Also the springs, lift tubes and cable should be lubed well with silicone lube.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #3

lift system

Thank you for your reply. My next question was what is classified as part of the lift system. I am just afraid this is going to continue. I cannot find a way to email Forest River and ask. I am worried a little bit about my dealer and rather or not they really fixed the problem 6 months ago. They were pretty mad when I proved it is still under a warranty.
sweetpea1951 is offline   Reply With Quote