Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2015, 07:57 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Millersville, Maryland
Posts: 4
Looking for power winch for Rockwood 08 2318g

We need to replace power winch motor for lift system in our Freedom 2318G. Any ideas where to buy one? Does anyone have removal and install instructions?
Thanks
__________________

__________________
judyseyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:02 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
f5moab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,058
One place is Commonly Used Parts for Flagstaff Pop-up Trailers | Roberts Sales
There are other options too.
However, there is a thread on this forum about someone who replaced the power with a manual. And when my power goes, it will be replaced with a manual. They are not that hard to raise.
__________________

__________________
Trailer: Lifted 228BH, heavy duty springs and Yokohama tires DELAMINATED ROOF
TV: 2016 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 CC, SLT
Spare TV: Two Alaskan Malamutes

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 05:10 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 52
We just replaced our power winch with a manual. It's a lot cheaper and much more reliable, but I do find it hard to turn (I'm 68 and short/slim, but work out, I just don't have the leverage). If you decide to go manual, you can get one directly from Goshen Stamping Co. We got the winch, handle and an extra cable for about $80, including shipping.
__________________
2008 Forest River/Flagstaff M-205 Mac
2006 Toyota Sequoia
OutOfTheTent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 12:41 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Pill Billy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5moab View Post
One place is Commonly Used Parts for Flagstaff Pop-up Trailers | Roberts Sales
There are other options too.
However, there is a thread on this forum about someone who replaced the power with a manual. And when my power goes, it will be replaced with a manual. They are not that hard to raise.

Forrest River warrantees the lift mechanism for life to the original owner.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
Pill Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:51 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
f5moab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pill Billy View Post
Forrest River warrantees the lift mechanism for life to the original owner.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Not the power lift system...
Under general warranty you have the phrase
Forest River Inc. does not warrant components manufactured by others, including, but not limited...

Then under the lift system you have...
items excluded From Warranty
...6. Claims related to power lift system if unit is so equipped.

I believe it is a one or two year warranty on the power lift, at least on the old style winch!
__________________
Trailer: Lifted 228BH, heavy duty springs and Yokohama tires DELAMINATED ROOF
TV: 2016 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 CC, SLT
Spare TV: Two Alaskan Malamutes

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:25 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Millersville, Maryland
Posts: 4
Thanks for this feedback. We are considering manual lift. Does anyone have directions how to install? Did the Goshen manual lift come with directions? Thanks to all : )
__________________
judyseyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:06 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Pill Billy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5moab View Post
Not the power lift system...

Under general warranty you have the phrase

Forest River Inc. does not warrant components manufactured by others, including, but not limited...



Then under the lift system you have...

items excluded From Warranty

...6. Claims related to power lift system if unit is so equipped.



I believe it is a one or two year warranty on the power lift, at least on the old style winch!

Thanks for pointing that out. So, what exactly is covered? The Goshen Mechanism?


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
Pill Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2318g, power, rockwood

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 PM.