Old 07-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #51

Yes, kids can be fun. But I normally teach these NoShockZone seminars at a University level, as well as consult to those same "over 40" guys you're talking about. Plus lot of my adult students already have Grammy Awards on the wall, and those are the most fun for me since it's an intellectual challenge to keep up with them. But as I teach younger and younger students there needs to be more show and less technical content. I'm thinking a DJ type show with pumping subwoofers and lasers (I'm NOT kidding). Yes, Master Blaster is "in da house".

Mike Sokol

Old 07-30-2013, 05:06 AM   #52
Incheon, S. Korea

Mike, when I started reading this thread after coming back from vacation, I immediately thought of you. Great info! Is there anything that stumps you? LOL
Baron

BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:51 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchafferFamily View Post
This year, I bought a PRIME polarity and voltage meter and a 30-15amp adapter to check it a lot easier, and in my opinion, safer.
I contacted Prime-Products a few weeks ago and they sent me one of these to try out. At first blush it looks pretty good for pedestal voltage and polarity testing. However, I'm going to do a few more experimnets before recommending it. For instance, there's one test I'll try that you NEVER want to happen to you. I'm going to rig an outlet with 240-volts and plug it in to be sure it won't blow up in your hands. I think it will be OK, but ALL meters have the potential to destroy themselves with too much voltage. I'll probably do a video of this test for fun and post it on my NoShockZone channel on YouTube.

Mike Sokol
No Shock Zone
Old 07-30-2013, 07:04 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaron View Post
Mike, when I started reading this thread after coming back from vacation, I immediately thought of you. Great info! Is there anything that stumps you? LOL
Baron
As a kid I used to think I knew everything. But the older I get, the more I realize what I DON'T know. There's a lot of things to know, I think.

FYI: Here's my latest article on RPBG outlet testing failure which just published in EC&M Magazine. http://ecmweb.com/contractor/failure...esting-exposed

I can't remember if I posted it here, but please pass it on to anyone you know who tests and measures electrical outlets.

Mike Sokol
No Shock Zone
Old 07-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #55
Incheon, S. Korea

Will do!

BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote