Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2010, 08:13 AM   #1

Manual crank on a HW256

My wife and I took our maiden voyage in our 2006 HW256 this last weekend. We had a great time and the camper performed great. Well, except it took several hours for the fridge to cool down. We were plugged into 30amp service and turned the fridge on at around 5pm. By 10pm, it was still not cold at all, but the freezer was starting to get a little cold. We had to move the food to a cooler. I checked it the next morning and it was finally cold, and stayed cold the rest of the weekend. Is this nomal?

Anyway, on to my question. Where in the world is the manual crank for the top if the battery is dead or the winch breaks down? It's not in the owners manual and I cant find it anywhere!! Also, the camper came with THREE cranks of different sizes. There is one that's 3/4" for the leveling jacks. But there are two more that are smaller that dont seem to fit anywhere. Anyone know what these are for?

Other than a few mysteries, we love our camper and had a great time with it.

thanks,

fisk
fisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:45 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Usually takes the fridge 24 hours to get cold. We plug ours in at the house an day or two early, before we leave, and put the food in it at the house. Switch it to gas for travel, if we're towing more than a couple of hours, then back to electric when we get set up. For shorter tows, we just let it be off for a short while.

Sorry can't help with cranks.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:04 PM   #3

thanks for the reply. I never would have guessed that it would take that long for it to cool down.

thanks.

fisk
fisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:24 PM   #4

4 hours is a resonable time for startup but over night is best on gas.

See attached document. It covers the little screw in the motor side of the electric awning.

This is the new manual. See Figures 5 and 6
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Awning_Users_Manual.pdf (713.9 KB, 57 views)
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood, tent camper