Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2018, 02:31 PM   #1

Mattress

We have hw277 Rockwood love it but the wife has problems sleeping on the mattress she needs something with more support I like the heated mattress has any one put foam padding underneath to add more support I understand that I may need to remove the foam when folding down the trailer
jwh4984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 03:18 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh4984 View Post
We have hw277 Rockwood love it but the wife has problems sleeping on the mattress she needs something with more support I like the heated mattress has any one put foam padding underneath to add more support I understand that I may need to remove the foam when folding down the trailer

We got the 3 inch memory foam from Walmart and cut it down to size , we fold up our RW 2318g no problem. Sleeps much softer!
Pom_Mom1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 12:41 PM   #3

We're not crazy about the mattress either. We are thinking of getting a foam mattress and using our electric blanket, which is way better than the mattress anway.
michigan_camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:55 PM   #4

we bought air mattresses for our Flagstaff 176 (queen and twin sizes). I believe they were the Alps brands, we just deflate and leave atop the existing mattress. We tried the foam toppers but had problems getting the camper closed.... the air mattress setup is very comfortable and we've used with the bed heater in winter, no problems. The rechargeable pump that comes with the air matt. are junk so we use a small 120v air pump.
geologist1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:23 AM   #5

Geologist1 so you can use the heated mattress with the air mattress on top of it
jwh4984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:26 PM   #6

Quote:

We purchased 3”memory foam from Walmart and it was much better. However, after two years Im starting to feel the springs coming through and Im a only 170lbs. We’ll probably upgrade to a firmer memory foam next time.
Amartin453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Geologist1 so you can use the heated mattress with the air mattress on top of it

we didn't have any issues. we also have a plastic mattress cover atop the original bed. Figured if it was raining during camper take down it would at least keep the mattress dry

it was very nice to have heated mattress which then warms the air mattress (we do use sheets on the air mattress). Put the fitted sheet over the air mattress before adding air... otherwise it is a pain to get the sheet on at the far corners!

I believe this is the model we have

https://www.amazon.com/ALPS-Mountain...+green+camping
geologist1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 11:39 AM   #8

I'm very sensitive to the mattress I sleep on, I've got a ultra high end mattress at home and I'm very used to it.

I've added foam anti-fatigue mats under my bunk ends with the standard mattress that came with my HW27KS. I'm actually able to sleep well with this under it.

I used these
2017 Flagstaff HW27KS
2011 Dodge Grand Caravan
Decker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:34 PM   #9

Try putting a air mattress under the stock foam bed. Works great!
gstockwell is offline   Reply With Quote