Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2015, 03:53 PM   #41

Here's a look through of the back of the cover. Clearance is the same on both sides, and basically the same toward the front of the cover (trailer). And I installed it using the instructions from Fantastic Fan.

After you lower the top, you can pull the cover off in seconds. Just remove the hairpin cotter pins and washers from the four clevis pins that the cover is mounted to at four locations. Then lift the cover straight up and off.

Here's the instructions for installing on a clamp mount fan mount. So if you remove the cover, you can see if they installed the screws at the four proper locations.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:18 PM   #42

I think my fan has screw style not clip cause without drilling I don't see how he would have installed it and I don't think he drilled it. He didn't have a drill but after he started I went inside and paid and talked to the guys about other stuff but he was done in minutes. Hopefully I can look at it tomorrow or Monday.
kinma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:55 PM   #43

If you have a screw on mount, then there will be a bunch of screws all around the horizontal mount perimeter.
But that is even easier to mount, just remove the 2nd from the front and back screws on each side.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
Old 05-23-2015, 09:15 PM   #44

Yeah that's what the directions say and the youtube video. Hopefully it's just the seal
Old 05-24-2015, 07:34 AM   #45

Kinma, taking a look at my 276 vent, there are no exposed screws around the vent. If yours is the same as mine, then the installation uses the clamp style.
HTH
Dan
Fishhawk1650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 07:44 AM   #46

Ok ty fishhawk1650.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:31 AM   #47

I just cleaned my roof and forgot to close my vent in the bathroom . I was directing the hose spray all around the vent, to get the loose crap out from under the edge. End of story went into the trailer and found the vent was open and was surprised there wasn't a drop of water anywhere.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	301.9 KB
ID:	77880  
Old 05-24-2015, 01:43 PM   #48

Well took the pup down and took the cover off looks like it's a clip mount. But the dealer used the brackets that came with the cover. They just drilled and screw the brackets down. Guess it's going back to the dealer. Thanks for everyone's help. Just hope they can fix it
Old 05-24-2015, 04:51 PM   #49

Clip mount or clamp mount? But if clamp, that is how it is supposed to be installed. Drill four holes, mount brackets with enclosed screws, tighten. (Caulk the hole and the top of the screw head too.)

Old 05-26-2015, 03:23 PM   #50

Well called fantastic vents today . They say the brackets for screw or clamp style are the same just clamp style they have the drilling locations. Hopefully the dealer located the cover b4 drilling and it's just the lock or seal. I'll find out Thursday due to rains coming tonight and all day tomorrow. Figure crossed
Old 05-26-2015, 03:30 PM   #51

Yep! In fact, the instructions that come with the cover do not mention a clamp style. So when you call fantastic vent, they ask for an email and minutes later, they send off a PDF instruction with the location to drill the holes for the screws. That's it!

What I can't understand is why they just don't include the instructions for the clamp style in the instructions that come with the unit. The PDF they sent me, included instructions for the non clamp style. It was just one page longer.

Old 06-08-2015, 05:06 PM   #52

I have the same maxxair cover over my fan as Mark0224 had on his. Best thing I've purchased for the camper. My fan closes automatically when it starts to rain. I never had the cover before and last year the blades fell off of the motor shaft. The heat caused the plastic to swell and crack. A new retro motor cost about $90. The Maxxair cover keeps direct sunlight off of the fan motor and allows the unit to still operate when it rains. No problems with leaks and easy to install. Regular Maxxair vents over vents with no fans. Worth the purchase. Don't second guess it.
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, vent