Old 04-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
Question motorized lift on 2008 rockwood not working

Our power lift on our Rockwood popup is not working. what could the problem be? Thank goodness, we called the rockwood dealer that told us the location of the hand crank system, so were able to get it up for the camping weekend and back down. Takes 1/2 hour by hand. Replaced a fuse, but that made no difference.

jeanbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
Campin With Grammy & Papa
Mine, the first time I tried it this year would not work. Battery was dead. Hooked jumper cables to the PUP battery and the lift worked. Then placed my battery charger on after, got a good charge. Worked every since. Maybe? Hope you figure it out. Scott

2008 Kia Sedona
2013 Rockwood HW277
Scott n Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #3
How nice that would be if it was just the battery!! It is a new battery, but possibly we didn't have it charged up enough. My son lives in Summerliln Nevada, and he bought our 2000 that was like and we "upgraded to a 2008"

Thank you so much for your tip.

Jean and Don
Old 04-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #4
Make sure that the "circuit breaker" (2inch square box) has good contact to the positive terminal of the battery.
2014 Stealth Evo 2850- "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra Rock Crawler TRD 5.7- "Clifford"
2013 Honda Accord Coupe V6 w/Track Pack- "Julia"

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #5
Take The Road Less Travld
Originally Posted by HONDAMAN174 View Post
Make sure that the "circuit breaker" (2inch square box) has good contact to the positive terminal of the battery.
Two possibilities that I have run into, there is a fuse on my 2007 rockwood popup that is under the motor where the wiring is for the lift hidden inside electrical tape. You'll have to get under the tongue and remove the plastic cover to get to it. This fuse was bad. It was a 50 amp fuse that had to replace with a 60 amp as recommended by the lift manufacture.

Two, the lift only runs off the battery and does not have the ability to run off the power inverter. So yes, check the battery. I think there should be an allowance to run it off of ac. Guess you can't have both. Maybe the power inverter can't handle the amps.
"Take The Road Less Traveled"
2013 Rockwood Roo 233s
2013 Ford F150 FX4
I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #6
Good news. We only had one ground wire hooked up, and there are two. One white wire and one black for negative. Works perfect now. jean