Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2010, 07:47 AM   #1

My new Rockwood Rhino....

Hello everyone. I'm new here since my wife and I just bought a Rockwood Rhino HW256 a few days ago. So far we love it. We've got it opened up in the driveway while we figure out how everything works.

Which brings me to the first issue. We bought it used from a dealership and it did not have an owners manual with it. Much to my surprise, I cant seem to find one online. If anyone knows how to obtain one, i'd love to hear from you.

Now, the reason for this post: So far, i've figured out most of what I need to know. However, i'm stumped on how to empty the fresh water tank. The dealership partially filled it, and I dont need it with water in it and i'd like to empty it. I crawled under the slide out and found the tank and what looks like spicot, but I couldn't get it to open. Certainly there's an easier way to empty the tank besides crawling under the camper?

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help.

fisk
fisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:52 AM   #2

fisk,

to the forum and congrats on your new camper. Can't say if there is an easier way but it sounds like you found the tank drain. On my coach, the drain is in a compartment where the tank is but not sure how yours is set up. I'm sure that someone here will be able to tell you how your camper is set up and what you need to do to drain the tank because there is a wealth of information available here.
Good luck with your camper and hope you have many fun and memorable trips.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:13 AM   #3

I crawled back under and finally got the spigot to turn and was able to drain the water. I find it hard to believe that's the easiest way to drain the tank, but oh well. I dont plan on using it so it's not like i'll have to do that again anytime soon.

I'm going to call Forest River today and see if I can get a copy of the owners manual.

thanks,

fisk
Old 08-09-2010, 08:34 AM   #4

Do a search on this forum for a manual. The FR manuals (as all brands) are VERY generic and you probably won't find what you are looking for. Your best resource is this forum. Lots of GREAT folks willing to offer assistance. All ya gotta do is ask.

And WELCOME to FRF!
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:03 PM   #5

Our new Wildwood fiver has the drain above the spare tire, so you must drop the spare to access it. We plan to put an extension on the end and bring it to the edge of the unit for easier use.
granite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisk View Post
The dealership partially filled it, and I dont need it with water in it and i'd like to empty it.
You may consider keeping just a bit of water in your tank for those times when "nature calls" and you need to pull over and use the facilities. I don't like to carry any more weight than I need to but I always have enough to flush if need be.

Welcome to the forums....
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:17 PM   #7

My wife called Forest River and they wanted $15 to send us one. Fortunately, I found a copy of it online.

Jeeper, thanks for the suggestion. However, since we have a PUP, I dont think that's going to work very well... It's a little easier to just find a tree... lol

thanks for the replies everyone....

fisk
Old 08-18-2010, 12:49 AM   #8

Fisk, where did you find the manual online? I'm looking for one also.

Thx
inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:21 PM   #9

manual

Where do you find the manual for rockwood tent trailers?
I have ben looking but can not find....
M_Moyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:34 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Moyes View Post
Where do you find the manual for rockwood tent trailers?
I have ben looking but can not find....
a quick search here on "owners manual" would have told you that the manual that FR supplies with all of their RVs, is useless. it's generic and is a basic systems manual for all type of RVs. nothing in it is specific to your model/type.
not worth the paper it's printed on.

you can go to the websites of the manufacturers of the important things like the: oven, awning, a/c, water heater, furnace, stereo and so on. you should be able to download the item's manual there.

that's why no one has supplied anyone with a manual, on this thread.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #11

My Rockwood had the drain under the unit also, I installed a section of tubing on the drain with a clamp and installed a new drain valve just under the edge of the camper body where it is easy to get at. Good Luck
fishcrikcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:36 PM   #12

How do you manually lift the top on a HW256 tent trailer? where is the access point?
alangraham is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood, tent camper