Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2015, 03:42 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinma13 View Post
NO Guttafixit and Texas Rain don't support the slide out it is designed to have a slight slant. You could damage the slides when the pup moves

Was thinking of using it as a stabilizer for the dinette not really a "correcting the pitch" tool. I guess two hanging racks makes since in someone's world. Don't really camp and need to hang clothes to often.
TexasRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:44 PM   #22

Guess I won't put anything under there then. Thanks for letting me know.
guttafixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:59 PM   #23

No problem just don't want anyone screwing up their pup. I was thinking about supporting the slide till I called FR
kinma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:52 AM   #24

Never thought of it as a clothes rod....hmmmmm. Ours already has a fold down rod just to the left of the door. We also have never taken the pantry or closet out of their plastic bags. The rod was found under the couch. Seems neat since FR has no mention of it's use that we all have found many uses for it..lol
61cubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 11:06 AM   #25

I sent a email to FR, just waiting on a response. I'll post it here when I get it.
RichCastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 04:47 PM   #26

Just heard back from Jake at Forest River. He says it's the hanging bar for the wardrobe.

Ok, then why was it thrown in the bottom of the cabinet and not packaged with the hanging wardrobe. I know it's small stuff but the lack of quality control still leaves me scratching my head.

Well, mystery is over.

Until the next one . . .
RichCastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 02:45 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichCastle View Post
Just heard back from Jake at Forest River. He says it's the hanging bar for the wardrobe.

Ok, then why was it thrown in the bottom of the cabinet and not packaged with the hanging wardrobe. I know it's small stuff but the lack of quality control still leaves me scratching my head.

Well, mystery is over.

Until the next one . . .

That was anticlimactic. I was hoping for a "transforming" something or other.
TexasRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 07:08 PM   #28

I use mine to prop open the wooden storage lids under the couch. It works well when packing and unpacking items under the seats.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Riwey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 01:26 PM   #29
Jjmark

Following.........we got our new one a month ago and we can't figure it out either
JoniNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 01:41 PM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoniNelson View Post
Following.........we got our new one a month ago and we can't figure it out either
Mystery has already been solved.

Quote:
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 04:29 PM   #31

Mystery Continues?

I received something similar with my Sunseeker but definitely NOT a rod for the wardrobes.

No photo as RV is parked about 60 miles away so hope my description works: Three of them, about 18 inches or so long, about 1 inch in diameter, thin aluminum painted white with a rubber end cap on each end. Neither salesman nor techie knew what they are for and in the year I've had it with 11 trips, I could not find a use.

At sales and delivery they were stored in a small net connected to the wall on the front slide. Put the rods in a drawer somewhere and now have a convenient place to store phones while charging and the TV remote controls!
dav7158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 04:57 PM   #32
KAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav7158 View Post
I received something similar with my Sunseeker but definitely NOT a rod for the wardrobes.

No photo as RV is parked about 60 miles away so hope my description works: Three of them, about 18 inches or so long, about 1 inch in diameter, thin aluminum painted white with a rubber end cap on each end. Neither salesman nor techie knew what they are for and in the year I've had it with 11 trips, I could not find a use.

At sales and delivery they were stored in a small net connected to the wall on the front slide. Put the rods in a drawer somewhere and now have a convenient place to store phones while charging and the TV remote controls!
In one of the posts a while ago someone wrote that these rods are used to be wedged between the top edge and side edges of the slideout and the wall when the slideout is retracted. This would keep the slideout from possibly sliding out, tilting, or shifting while driving. If they are the same length as the gap between the slideout edges and the wall then it makes sense. Just don't forget to remove them before activating the slideout!!
KAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 05:01 PM   #33

Quote:
Picked up our PUP a few weeks ago. At dealer check out there was an 18" rod with end caps in a cabinet. I asked the tech what it was for. He laughed and said every 296 comes with one, but they have no idea what it is for.

Does anyone here know?
sorry don't know off the topic a bit but do you have any pictures of your rv hooked up to tow unit to post thanks would like to see how sharp it looks?
travel canus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 05:59 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by travel canus View Post
sorry don't know off the topic a bit but do you have any pictures of your rv hooked up to tow unit to post thanks would like to see how sharp it looks?

It's a bar that goes inside top of the hanging wardrobe, if you take the shelving out you can hang clothes there. It goes with the white fabric shelves that clip to the ceiling, one goes over the sink and the longer one goes up near the TV, that's the one the bar goes in.

2015 Rockwood HW296
2014 Silverado 1500 LTZ
W4NT3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 09:23 PM   #35
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4NT3D View Post
It's a bar that goes inside top of the hanging wardrobe, if you take the shelving out you can hang clothes there. It goes with the white fabric shelves that clip to the ceiling, one goes over the sink and the longer one goes up near the TV, that's the one the bar goes in.
This person is asking about a pic of the OP's popup hooked up to the TV, not about the rod.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:48 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
This person is asking about a pic of the OP's popup hooked up to the TV, not about the rod.
Oh, ok, hope I didn't confuse anyone.

2015 Rockwood HW296
2014 Silverado 1500 LTZ
W4NT3D is offline   Reply With Quote