Old 12-01-2014, 11:57 AM   #1

Need Advice on Good Pop-Up

I decided to sell my travel trailer, and I was thinking of Roo but decided to go to some sort of pop up as I need to buy a house and save my $.

I am looking for a pop up that has a bathroom/shower with both Grey and Black holding tank, need to have a HWHeater, AC, and Furnace

I like Forest Rivers Rockwood High Wall but they are very pricey, almost as much as a Roo

I am not particular on brands, but want something new or used for less than $10K, but do models like this even exist? for the most part it is just me and my GF and sometimes her teen age daughter.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:52 PM   #2

Interesting.

My take - and I'm not trying to be mean - is that you are asking for what is essentially a full replacement for a small travel trailer in popup format. Considering that all these amenities have to be constructed/installed with the ability to slide in the ends and raise/lower the roof - why would you expect it to cost significantly less than an equivalent small travel trailer?

That said, you can possibly find a used version for around $10K depending on area of country and condition.

The lower-priced, smaller, bare-bones PUPs have pretty much disappeared from the new market because nobody buys them (or wants to sell them). But they wouldn't meet what you say your needs are, anyway.

If you are willing to do without the bathroom/shower and associated holding tanks (use campground facilities), the PUP gets simpler, smaller, and cheaper. The same applies to not getting a high wall.

my thoughts, your choices
Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122 (A-frame)
2008 Hyundai Entourage (minivan)

previous: 2000 Coleman Westlake (12ft box) PUP, 1993 Ford Explorer

Old 12-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgandw View Post
Interesting.

My take - and I'm not trying to be mean - is that you are asking for what is essentially a full replacement for a small travel trailer in popup format. Considering that all these amenities have to be constructed/installed with the ability to slide in the ends and raise/lower the roof - why would you expect it to cost significantly less than an equivalent small travel trailer?

That said, you can possibly find a used version for around $10K depending on area of country and condition.

The lower-priced, smaller, bare-bones PUPs have pretty much disappeared from the new market because nobody buys them (or wants to sell them). But they wouldn't meet what you say your needs are, anyway.

If you are willing to do without the bathroom/shower and associated holding tanks (use campground facilities), the PUP gets simpler, smaller, and cheaper. The same applies to not getting a high wall.

my thoughts, your choices
Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122 (A-frame)
2008 Hyundai Entourage (minivan)

previous: 2000 Coleman Westlake (12ft box) PUP, 1993 Ford Explorer

Thanks for the info, I have no expectations just not sure what I am looking for exists outside a High Wall and since I see them for $10-$20k I would be better off with a Roo's Hybrid, trying to see if I can find a low price Rockwood HW296 if Not will most likely go to a Roo, My TT now is fine just too big and I have to pay for storage as I am renting so if I can find something 25 foot or less with bathroom and shower I would be ok

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 12-01-2014, 01:26 PM   #4
Paradise has arrived!

Check out the camping world website. There are a lot of late models in the price range you're looking for. Might be hard to find one with everything you want but some of these are well equipped. Good luck!
Old 12-01-2014, 08:00 PM   #5

Check the classified section here as I think pmorris is selling one.

Your grey capacity would be limited even with a high wall to about 11 gallons- unless you carry a tote. We got out of our high wall as the setup/teardown got old to us after a year.

2014 Stealth Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra Rock Crawler TRD 5.7 "Clifford"

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 08:29 PM   #6
Done with this

Buy our old one!!!

#1966 - 2007 Coachmen Clipper HST 1465TR HST for sale in Mayfield KY - Riley's RV World

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:10 AM   #7

There are a fair amount of RV shows coming up in the northeast in January and February. Might find something to suit your needs there.

Me the missus and three hooligans!
2014 Rockwood Premier 2317g
2012 Ford F150 super crew ecoboost
2011 Honda Pilot
Old 12-11-2014, 09:03 PM   #8

First year with my new 2318g. Absolutely love it. Has everything we need inc bathroom/shower unit. It has turned my wife into a diehard camper. Lovin every minute of it
Old 12-12-2014, 01:57 PM   #9

We also have the 2318g and love it. No shower/bathroom though. Rarely go anywhere without facilities. Can't recommend this model enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2010 Ford Escape
loumichelle735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 07:51 PM   #10

We also spent our 1st year in a 2318g, no bath/shower. After 40 years of tenting this year felt like we were staying in the Taj Mahal. Love it.