Old 10-10-2016, 04:06 PM   #11

If it has a front storage box, it's a good idea to check for tiny cracks. They are hard to see unless you really look for them and the leaking into the compartment can rot the floor. That's what happened in our 2002 Viking 2465st. We replaced the compartment floor and sealed all the leaks and never had anymore problems.
As for the price, we bought ours in 2008 when it was 6 years old. We paid $3500 for it. Used it for 6 years and ended up selling it 2 years ago for $4000 on Craigslist. The best way to figure out prices is to check what the going rate is for similar campers in your area.

Old 10-10-2016, 04:41 PM   #12

Seems high to me. NADA says about $2300 on the high side.

Make him an offer if he says no walk away. Plenty of other campers out there just have to look. Who knows he may call you back and take you offer!

You will make the right decision just don't rush into it, fixing to get cold anyway

Old 10-10-2016, 04:53 PM   #13

Thought I'd let this one sit for a bit. I told him the NADA value of $2200 and he shook his head. Said he paid $3500 for it and that's as low as he'll go. He may have to sit on it awhile for that. In the meantime I've got another one to look at. Thanks all.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:58 PM   #14
Moderators' Assistant

You can buy a hybrid TT of the same year for that much.
I agree that it's overpriced.
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:09 AM   #15

Also seems quite a bit high to me. We just purchased a 2007 Rockwood HW. We found several sellers that had an unrealistic bottom price. It is later in the season and if you are not "under the gun" to acquire a pup my advice is to keep looking. The longer we looked the more clean units we found. I shopped Craigslist almost exclusively. Dealers typically wanted to much for used units. We also expanded our search area and located the pup we bought about two and a half hours away. I realize that driving that far is somewhat a risk but as you look and talk to folks you become much sharper at asking all the right questions. Remember...there is always another pup out there waiting for a buyer! Best of luck!!