Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #1

need to find information

we just bought a popup from a family member who upgraded. They didn't have any title or information. Now I trying to find out the year of the pop up and where to find the vin number. I had found that you sometimes can find the vin number by the propane tank and crank but it is so worn I can't read it it all. In Iowa we have to register trailers so I need the vin# since there isn't any title. We have a bag of manuals and there is a model #of 227. Any help would be greatly appreciated since we are grounded until I can at least find my vin number.
iowabeachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #2

Let's start with the brand/make/model and the year.

Normally there is a sticker on the outside which has the VIN number on it.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #3

Should find the VIN on the factory sticker on the street side at the front and/or on a seal right by the entry door.

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #4

Sometimes the info is on a tag or label on the inside of a cabinet door near the entry.
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #5
phat phrog stunt crew

maybe a piece of paper and a pencil might be enough to "read" the vin #. put the paper over the vin number and rub pencil lead lightly over it to see if you get anything that way.
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabeachs View Post
we just bought a popup from a family member who upgraded. They didn't have any title or information. Now I trying to find out the year of the pop up and where to find the vin number. I had found that you sometimes can find the vin number by the propane tank and crank but it is so worn I can't read it it all. In Iowa we have to register trailers so I need the vin# since there isn't any title. We have a bag of manuals and there is a model #of 227. Any help would be greatly appreciated since we are grounded until I can at least find my vin number.

Could be inside a cabinet sticker, or on the frame, or even stamped into the axles housing.
Look for a label similar like this. The VIN# should be on it.

Sounds like you have a Forest River Flagstaff Popup model 227
http://www.forestriverinc.com/popupc...floorplanid=81
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	40868  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #7

there is an oval sticker on the outside by the door with a number but it isn't the vin #. It starts with a W. I have searched every nook and cranny and haven't found any sticker other than the sink was manufactured in 2002. I tried the rubbing and all that is readable is shelby 5101 302V. I will have the hubby crawl under the thing when he gets home to see if he can find anything. Where would the axel housing be? Thanks everyone. Oh yes it is a Forest River Flagstaff Popup model 227.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #8

thanks again everyone! I was finally able to locate it on the side. I thought it was a reflector because it was reflective and the writing was so faint but after I got really close and inspected it I was able to finally read it barely. It is a 2002. So now our family can be mobile.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #9
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabeachs View Post
thanks again everyone! I was finally able to locate it on the side. I thought it was a reflector because it was reflective and the writing was so faint but after I got really close and inspected it I was able to finally read it barely. It is a 2002. So now our family can be mobile.
Let us know how your quest for a legal title turns out.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #10

Title

You might try having them apply for a lost title now that you have the VIN. In Pennsylvania It's easier that way. Just a thought!
dmer364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Where in iowa are you located?
Was the previous owner out of state?

In Iowa it can be tuff with title acquisition via the lovely dmv.......
been there done that.

Welcome from another Iowan.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:13 PM   #12
phat phrog stunt crew

lots of good deals out there on vehicles with no title. the aggravation of getting a replacement makes it most often not worth it. who knows, there may even be a lien on it. more aggravation. you may want to look into getting a bonded title, or tell them its homemade. can you get a bill of sale?
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote