Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2015, 08:48 AM   #1

New, Comprehensive guide to popup camping (in beta)

I've learned a lot from this forum and others, and wanted to create more of a comprehensive guide for those just entering the popup market, while also offering some advanced tips for the more experienced popup camper.

And thus began Popup Camping 101.

The site is still in beta, but I'd love to get this group's thoughts on the site layout, topics covered, and writing before officially launching out of beta.

Thanks,

Scott
steamboatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 12:58 PM   #2

I think it is great that you are putting together a comprehensive guide for pop up camping. I am sure it will be very helpful.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:11 PM   #3

Quite interesting and some good info for many new popup campers.

Suggestion: Add some info on tire pressure sensors; discussed quite a bit. I use TST and so far; great.

Also, not a big deal for you if you don't camp with power hookups but surge and voltage protection device like a progressive industries is a nice feature to protect the trailer's wiring and components. I hardwired in a EMS-HW30C last year while camping.

I agree with Roberts Sales. I purchased my 228BH while living in Moab, via the phone with Mark's dad; Frank. They didn't even want a deposit check even though they were adding a tank, two batteries, new rims/tires, stabs; although I sent them one.

Ever do any dispersed camping up in the Sawtooth mountains? Plenty of places around Stanley and one really nice spot just down the road from Stanley Lake Campground.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 05:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5moab View Post
Ever do any dispersed camping up in the Sawtooth mountains? Plenty of places around Stanley and one really nice spot just down the road from Stanley Lake Campground.
Would love to exchange GPS coordinates with you. I've got a ton for Colorado, but pretty ignorant on Moab. I'd also love to get up to Idaho. Can you send me your email address via Contact | Popup Camping 101 We'll do some way point swapping
steamboatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 05:43 PM   #5

Sure!

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:29 AM   #6

Thanks scott, lots of great info.

Tags
camping, pop up