Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2019, 02:36 PM   #1

New Flagstaff Pup someone has at the Campground d I'm staying at.

Here is a brand new Flagstaff looks to be the equivalent of the Rockwood HW277.
I like the built in WiFi which the new HW296 also has.
This at the Campground up by the trash dumpsters and indoor pool. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190814_132351.jpeg
Views:	162
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	212365Click image for larger version

Name:	20190814_132532.jpeg
Views:	131
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	212366
Cowboy6201
Cowboy6201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 03:06 PM   #2

One of my next purchases is a wifi router/repeater that I can put in the camper. Nice that its built in but pretty easy to add too. That way all the devices always connect to the same point and all you have to do is connect said point to the campground wifi.
flyerdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerdp View Post
One of my next purchases is a wifi router/repeater that I can put in the camper. Nice that its built in but pretty easy to add too. That way all the devices always connect to the same point and all you have to do is connect said point to the campground wifi.
Yes that's what I intend to do, I'm almost outta range I have to have my Surface Go in the right spot to get it work, my Fire Tablet works slightly better Connection, but not by much.
Cowboy6201
Old 08-15-2019, 08:20 AM   #4

My new 2514g came with a Sky4 wifi ranger. It claims to be able to pick up a wifi signal from a mile or 2 away. So far, it has not been able to detect the wifi signal at CGs we've been to. All 3 CGs only had wifi around the main office area and I was hoping the wifi ranger would pick it up at my site. At one CG we were about 1/4 of a mile from the main office, but the wifi ranger did not detect the wifi network. Works great in my driveway though! Lol
2019 Ram 1500 Classic SLT 4x4 5.7L Hemi V8 crew cab
Nova Scotia, Canada 🇨🇦
HappyCamperCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:25 AM   #5

Lol that sucks glad it works good at though lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCamperCanada View Post
My new 2514g came with a Sky4 wifi ranger. It claims to be able to pick up a wifi signal from a mile or 2 away. So far, it has not been able to detect the wifi signal at CGs we've been to. All 3 CGs only had wifi around the main office area and I was hoping the wifi ranger would pick it up at my site. At one CG we were about 1/4 of a mile from the main office, but the wifi ranger did not detect the wifi network. Works great in my driveway though! Lol
Cowboy6201
Old 08-15-2019, 06:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Happy Camper were did they run the Ethernet cable
After it comes through the roof?
I'm looking at getting the sky pro for my 296.
Old 08-15-2019, 07:03 PM   #7

Quote:
I would suggest getting warranty support on that before it gets too long on that. Nothing worse than a useless thing adding weight and taking up space :/
flyerdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 07:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy6201 View Post
Happy Camper were did they run the Ethernet cable
After it comes through the roof?
I'm looking at getting the sky pro for my 296.
There's no Ethernet cable. Devices connect to it via Bluetooth. It's just a box thats attached to the top of the roof. The on/off switch for it is next to the furrion stereo just inside the door next to the outside light switch and the inside lights switch.
Nova Scotia, Canada 🇨🇦
Old 08-15-2019, 07:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerdp View Post
I would suggest getting warranty support on that before it gets too long on that. Nothing worse than a useless thing adding weight and taking up space :/
The thing works...If the wifi signal is not too far away and is strong enough. The signals I was trying to pick up were too weak. And too far away. We even went up to the office with our cell phones and tried to connect and you had to be standing in just the right spot to get it. I think in a CG that has wifi throughout the sites, it would definitely boost the signal. But I haven't been to such a CG yet.
Nova Scotia, Canada 🇨🇦

Tags
campground, flagstaff, mpg