Originally Posted by Bisquick
Hello, we just picked up our new HW276 Rockwood tent camper. I have a few questions already and appreciate any input.
1) When the dealer ran through the features at the shop, it was plugged in to 110v. When I brought it home and set it up in the driveway I used the electric crank for the top (worked great). When I went inside to turn on the lights, they wouldn't come on. I thought the interior lights should work from the 12v camper battery. I plugged it into 110v in the garage and everything worked fine. Why won't the interior lights work on the 12v battery?
2) When the dealer walked us through the interior lights, the bathroom overhead light will only turn on when the rest of the camper lights are turned on with the switch near the entry door. Seems like it may not be wired correctly. Am I wrong?
3) Will the camper battery be recharged with the truck is connected? I have a P2 brake controller if that helps with the answer.
4) Are there level indicators for the grey and black water tanks?
5) Right now it is winterized with antifreeze in the system. When I flush it what do I do with the antifreeze?
6) I'd like to take 2 kids bikes and 2 adult bikes with us. Can anyone recommend a suitable bike rack?
Sorry for so many questions. A bit overwhelmed right now, so appreciate anyone who takes the time to reply. Thanks!
One hopes by now all is resolved, but if not:
1) sounds like the fuse connecting the battery 30 amp needs to be replaced, it will be 6" from the battery
2) wired correctly, the switch allows all ligths and the fan to be controlled as a master
3) yes, but at the same time if the fridge is on dc you could drain the vehicle battery if no cut off is installed
4) no, the shower filling up is the give away
5) flush it into a sani dump