Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2018, 07:57 PM   #1

New HW296 - Bed slides

I bought a 2018 HW 296 in March. We have taken it out a few times and all has went well. We are getting ready for a trip and set it up to stick everything. The bed slides work great going out about 3/4 of the way. Then they got extremely hard to pull out. They did come out, but we had the same problem pushing them back in. once they went in about 1/4 of the way, they slide like they should, but it was very difficult getting them that far in. Has anyone had this problem?

I have read that you can buy slide lubricant for these, but would this really be needed already? It is only a few months old. It was extremely hot, almost 100 degrees out.... would that have anything

It is still under warranty.... but not sure if this is something serious or just a maintenance issue. Ant ideas?

Thank you for your help!

Bryon
bryon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:18 PM   #2

Check to see if anything is in the track like sheets or something.

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 05:20 AM   #3

Nothing in the tracks that I can see.....
Old 07-02-2018, 06:12 AM   #4

Make sure you are pulling/pushing reasonably straight both up/down and side-to-side. Our pup was not a HW but we found this would be the case if we weren't paying enough attention. It worked better for us with one person as one of us would generally 'get ahead' of the other. Once the bed is further in the rails it was less of an issue.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:13 PM   #5

When we had the pup the bed slides would catch on tent canvas and or the Velcro fold overs. Every once in awhile the canvas was not folded or tucked properly and sometimes it was the mattress topper. You will figure it out or it will figure it self out.

Ken and Denise new SOB Imagine2019 2850mk 2017 Ram 2500 ctd.
previous 2015 shamrock23s,2015 Ram Eco diesel
previous 1997 coleman highlander pup,1994 35rb Vectra,diesel,2007 Fleetwood arcadia pup.2005 ram
kennyairport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryon View Post
I bought a 2018 HW 296 in March. We have taken it out a few times and all has went well. We are getting ready for a trip and set it up to stick everything. The bed slides work great going out about 3/4 of the way. Then they got extremely hard to pull out. They did come out, but we had the same problem pushing them back in. once they went in about 1/4 of the way, they slide like they should, but it was very difficult getting them that far in. Has anyone had this problem?

I have read that you can buy slide lubricant for these, but would this really be needed already? It is only a few months old. It was extremely hot, almost 100 degrees out.... would that have anything

It is still under warranty.... but not sure if this is something serious or just a maintenance issue. Ant ideas?

Thank you for your help!

Bryon
I have a 2018 HW296 too and the bed slides were difficult. I sprayed mine with silicone and now they are a breeze to open and close.
dtptrson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:24 PM   #7
rfifer

Possible problem solution - maybe...

One of the lessons we learned with our HW 277 was to push in the dinette slide first and them blouse the canvas back out away from the interior of the trailer. Before learning that lesson, the bed slides would stick about quarter to half way in every time. Hope that helps.
rfifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:22 PM   #8

Bed slides

I had trouble with my 296 also. Hard to push out and in. I just put the poles in a lower slot on setup. Fixed the problem.
93rdvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:32 PM   #9

Thanks all. We will be opening it up on the 4th for the final preparation for our trip. I did buy some RV slide silicone spray and I will put that on it as well as make sure I am not making the slide go up or down hill. I never really thought about how level the support bars were.

I am so glad that the forum is here with all you helpful people.

Bryon
Old 07-03-2018, 07:47 PM   #10

Just a update....

I set up the camper today... sprayed in some silicone, lowered the bars the beds ride on, and it worked great.

Thanks again everyone.

Bryon

Tags
bed, slide