Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2015, 07:36 PM   #1

New to forum - need to purchase a cover

2009 Rockwood HW276 HiWall pop-up owner
Exterior closed length 19' 4"
Height 5' 11"

I see adco makes covers but seems the longest I am finding is 18' long

Any suggestions?

Dont need a custom cover, I live in Hot Texas so just mainly need to protect from harsh sun and rain
dplantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 08:46 PM   #2

Make sure to get a breathable cover to allow the heat to leave. Otherwise, they can hold heat in and that is not good for the roof, or other parts of the trailer.

"Covering
Camper Cover
Camper covers help keep dust and sunlight from aging the camper prematurely. Not all covers are good for all campers, though. For campers with a Fiberglass roof, like Flagstaff, do NOT use a solid, water-proof tarp like the common blue moving tarp. Solid tarps trap the sun's heat and will "cook" the roof. Using no tarp at all is better than using a solid tarp on a Fiberglass roof.

We used to recommend a breathable cover (like the Adco polypropylene cover) if someone wanted to keep the sun from yellowing/drying-out the Fiberglass prematurely. However, we have had several incidents where campers covered with a "breathable" tarp still warped in hot, sunny conditions as if the camper was covered with a solid, non-breathable tarp. In light of this, our current recommendation would be to not cover the camper at all. If yellowing Fiberglass becomes a problem later on, it can be painted with a Fiberglass paint (like the one made by Dicor) to restore the bright white finish.

Lastly, using a camper cover does not negate the need to properly maintain the camper's caulking. Do not trust a camper cover to keep water off/out of the camper."

From: Caulking and Covering Your Flagstaff Camper | Roberts Sales - Denver, Colorado

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 08:58 PM   #3

I am in the process of making a PVC frame out of 1" sked 40 pipe 7" higher than my PUP when closed, and will use a tarp to put on top, this along with the tire covers should keep the Fla. sun and showers off my PUP. I can move this frame by myself as needed
nineoaks2004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover