Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #1

New to me rockwood permier 2008 Questions

Alright so totally new to owning a pop up we bought from private seller a 2008 rockwood permier

here are my questions

the 3 way converter does it just convert automatically ?

My manual says make sure switch in right postion when using shore power i dont have a switch like it says just an on off switch

also beside converter is an off on switch which i have no clue what it does?
Person who sold said it was a main power switch but it does not kill power to trailer.. when on it makes a humming sound i was thinking maybe water pump?

Fridge can it run on shore power ?

sorry for all the questions i am trying to be up and running for 1st trip out this coming weekend and want to make sure i know as much as possible to make our first trip great

thanks in advance for all the help
marytrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #2

The converter should run automatically when plugged into 110V. It sounds like you might have an older manual for the converter. It will charge your battery and supply 12V power to everything in the trailer (lights / fans / furnace / etc ).

The switch next to the converter is almost certainly the water pump switch. It's a pressure demand system and should only cycle when the pressure falls below a setpoint. Don't run it unless you have water in the tank and you don't need it when hooked up to city water. When using it, you will hear it pump until it pressures up and then stop. When you turn on any water and the pressure drops, it will cycle back on. If it keeps coming on when you aren't using any water, look for leaks or an open faucet (usually the outside shower).

Most of the premiers I believe had 3 way refrigerators (it MIGHT be a 2 way). In the access panel on the outside of the trailer, you should have 2 or 3 sets of controls. One should be marked 110, one 12V, and there should be a knob for propane and an ignitor button. You might have a slightly different setup depending on the model. It MIGHT be auto-switching with controlls on the refrigerator itself. If you can find a model number, you can probably download the manual for it.

The refrigerator: They don't cool down very quickly, so plug into shore power the day before you leave and let it cool down. If it's not auto-switching, don't turn on more than one power source at a time. Don't put anything into it that isn't already cooled down (I always put a few drinks in mine before I closed it up and turned it on the day before, then put everything else in an ice chest until we got there). If it has a 12V option, DO NOT use it unless you're hooked up to the TV. It'll kill your battery in a few hours. Also, don't leave it on 12V if you're going to be stopped somewhere for more than an hour...it could drain your car battery to the point it won't have enough juice to start.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #3

Thankyou for all the help

I found the fridge switches it is a 3 way, and have it cooling now for our trip thanks for all the advice
marytrm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood