Originally Posted by tswiii
Thanks GalsofEscape, thank you for the welcome. As far as your comments, that's exactly what I thought I understood. Perhaps that dealer or the PO pulled the battery fuse to disconnect the battery so the carbon monoxide detector wouldn't drain the battery. Is that a fuse in the converter or is that fuse located elsewhere? Also, I should expect that the battery charges through my "light" cable from my tow vehicle, correct?
And Brother Les, I wondered the same thing so I checked the breakers in the power box and they were turned on. I plugged something into the 110 to see if the outlets were working and they were.
Oh, and I just had a thought. It seems like when we were working with the breakers on the converter last night... I turned it off and then I turned it on and then there was humming and then it faded out. I would turn it off again and then back on and I would hear humming and then it would fade out again (after about 5 seconds).
Those symptoms would normally mean
1. You have power to the converter.
2. Sumpting is wrong with it.
A 12volt digital multimeter would tell you if any charge is getting to the battery, but from what you are indicating, I don't think so.
It is not uncommon for the converters to go out and need replacing, they are frequently a weak link in the system. the temp fix is to charge the battery with a decent charger as it will perform the same function as the converter. Then look into replacing the converter with a similar size (amperage ) one that will fit in the space you have.