Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2014, 02:59 PM   #1

No propane going through

I setup the popup up today to run through everything before our first trip next weekend. All seems to be going well except anything that involves propane. I have a tank with LP in it, the gage showing how much is in the green, but stove/furnace/hot water heater don't work. I'm not getting any gas smell inside.

Is there an on/off switch for the propane somewhere that I'm missing?

Thank you
- Airlift 1000 air bags
- Curt Class III receiver (13364)
- Tekonsha 90160 Primus IQ Brake Control
dakranii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:25 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Try closing the valve and then opening it REAL slow. It may have locked. If that doesn't work, take the line off from the regulator and see if you get flow. If not, your regulator has shot craps.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:08 PM   #3

Had the same problem last week, tapped on the regulator and it took off. It was stuck apparently, worked just fine all 4 days last weekend.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:20 PM   #4

Tapped the regulator a few times and tried opening it slowly. I can smell a little gas coming through the stove when I turn it on, but not enough that it'll light. Must be a bad regulator.

Is the RV dealer the best place to replace that or would some other business do that for me? Or is it a simple thing to do.
- Airlift 1000 air bags
Old 04-26-2014, 05:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakranii View Post
Tapped the regulator a few times and tried opening it slowly. I can smell a little gas coming through the stove when I turn it on, but not enough that it'll light. Must be a bad regulator.

Is the RV dealer the best place to replace that or would some other business do that for me? Or is it a simple thing to do.

They are a common thing to fail or at least give you some trouble. Easy enough to replace yourself with a few wrenches and some pipe dope. Just remember to shut off your propane tanks first obviously. They can be found at just about any RV place
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:36 PM   #6

It's pretty straightforward and most likely the problem. I'm assuming it's not freezing where you're at and that you only have one bottle. The only time I ever had issues on mine was when my regulator (double bottles with a manual switch) got stuck between settings and when I evidently had some moisture in the line and it froze. When you say you can smell a little gas, can you hear it flowing from the burners without getting right down on it? The reason I ask is that my popup was notorious for taking forever to get the air out of the lines before it would light.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspivey View Post
It's pretty straightforward and most likely the problem. I'm assuming it's not freezing where you're at and that you only have one bottle. The only time I ever had issues on mine was when my regulator (double bottles with a manual switch) got stuck between settings and when I evidently had some moisture in the line and it froze. When you say you can smell a little gas, can you hear it flowing from the burners without getting right down on it? The reason I ask is that my popup was notorious for taking forever to get the air out of the lines before it would light.
I can barely smell when I get down on it. But can't now, after checking again. I've left the three stove burners on "lite" for 5 or so minutes, nothing coming through.
- Airlift 1000 air bags
Old 04-27-2014, 04:49 AM   #8

I've had mine do that. I disconnected the hose from tank let it sit for five minutes (to thaw) then re hook it. It's froze a couple times. I've had BBQ grill do this too.

Probably nothing wrong with it.
Jeffk48867 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane