Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2011, 11:25 AM   #1

No Water with City Water Hooked up

Hello all,
I am new to the fourm as well as pop-ups. I bought a 1995 Rockwood XL 1076 last week. I am running through everything, and when I hooked up the city water, I get no flow through the faucet. I turned off the water and disconnected the hose from the camper and it had a lot of back pressure, so it was pretty easy to see that the water was not making it into the camper.

I looked inside the water connection and noticed this white plastic piece that appears to be a valve of some sort (picture below). What is it? Could this be failing and preventing the water flow?

Any other ideas as to why I am not getting water flow would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help

Brandon

Click image for larger version

Name:	Water Inlet.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	7645
Gotprops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:38 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

That is the a check valve, or as some would call it, A "back flow" preventer. Only lets water flow one direction. It can be easily accessed by removing those three screws, and pulling the assembly out a little. There will be a water line attached. Search on here foe a thread that shows how to disassemble and repair. Be sure to reseal everything when you put it back together.

Welcome to the forums, and congrats on your new to you camper.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:40 AM   #3

Yes, there will be a check valve just inside the city water connection. It's purpose is to prevent water from coming out when there is water in the tank and the water pump is being used. Could be frozen due to rust etc. Personally i would carefully take a small screwdriver or similar tool and push it in and see what happens. Worst cast you will have to go to Lowe's and buy a new one to install.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:04 PM   #4

Check Valve is Good

I followed the directions I found for repairing the check valve. I took the city water inlet off the side of the camper, and disconnected the supply line from the back side. Just to check, I hooked the valve to the hose while out of the camper, and water flowed freely.

I started to chase the flow to see where it stopped. Turns out, the water flowed all the way to the inlet to the faucet, so I guess the faucet is bad.

Thank you for all your help.

Brandon
Old 08-28-2011, 01:38 PM   #5

Maybe the aerator is totaly plugged? That might be the easiest fix.

Just my 1st guess.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:09 PM   #6

You said no water when hooked up to city water. If the faucet was the culprit wouldn't it also not work with the water pump??
Hybrid21SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:53 PM   #7

Just in case.......
If yours is like mine (no water heater) instead of the faucet valves being hot & cold, one faucet valve operates when connected to city water and the other when using the fresh water tank. Be sure your opening the correct one.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:11 PM   #8

Sorry double post
Old 08-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #9

I had not tried it with the water pump, but I ran city water through the line with the faucet disconnected, and water came out the faucet feed line.

I took the faucet apart and there is a broken piece inside so the city water valve is not getting opened when the handle was moved.

Thank you for all the help. I think a new faucet will solve this one.

Brandon.

Tags
city water, water flow