Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2013, 07:49 AM   #1

Oops! Advice needed.

I was working on the pup last night cleaning it out getting ready for a trip next week. I accidentally got on the bunk without the support poles and bent the rails. I was able to get it back in the track but its bent pretty good. I can open and close it, but it is not smooth.

Should I leave it alone since I can open and close it or should I try to repair/replace?

I have a 2012 Flagstaff 206ltd.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier View Post
I was working on the pup last night cleaning it out getting ready for a trip next week. I accidentally got on the bunk without the support poles and bent the rails. I was able to get it back in the track but its bent pretty good. I can open and close it, but it is not smooth.

Should I leave it alone since I can open and close it or should I try to repair/replace?

I have a 2012 Flagstaff 206ltd.
I would replace it as at some stage it is going to give you grief.
goody59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:00 PM   #3

Just an update. I took the rail off the bunk end. Very easy to do. Only a stopper screw and 3 bolts holding it on. Seems like very poor design. Anyways my neighbor helped me straighten the rails out. Wasn't bent as bad as I thought and only took a little leverage on the frame of the camper to bend it back. Works perfectly now. Only one rail bent since pressure was put on the right side.

Sucks the parts are so cheap, but this was also to my benefit since it was easy to correct. I had called my dealer but they were special order parts and couldn't give me a price until after they ordered them. A little work and good as new.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #4

Good info know thx for sharing.

Rockwood HW296
2011 Ram 1500 5.7
FloridaParks is offline   Reply With Quote