Old 05-16-2015, 09:06 AM   #1
Opened the pup

Well opened the pup and set it up last night. Everything is great as I stored it. I had the dealer install a fan tastic Breeze fan cover but now the vent cover will not crank open. Thinking the installer has it set to the wrong slots. Hope they can get to it right away. It's raining in lower michigan all night and morning no leaks so that's good oh and the black tank don't smell so it looks like it's all cleaned. Now to just pack everything back in and a couple mods inside then 2 weeks and our summer starts.

kinma13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:04 AM   #2
We are going to open ours up this week too. I have been wondering what I might find. This is our first year of storing our camper. I'm hoping for no surprises, ie critter nests, leaks, or any other damage. Just don't know what to expect after the long winter we have endured. I'm sure it's always a adventure for everyone each spring when they open up their units. Last year when I opened up my boat I have a massive black ant nest in one of the compartments.

2013 Rockwood popup 2318 g. TV 2003 trailblazer and a 2013 SLE Sierra p/u
campfire joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:51 AM   #3
Its so strange to almost expect something "off" when coming out of storage. I've had my share of surprises in the past.
When we had the Lance cab over, we quickly learned to never forget to drain the hot water heater. It was full and the tank split open from the freeze. Needless to say, it was an expensive learning lesson.

Another year, the boat became a litter box for feral cats because the cover had become loose in the back giving a nice cozy den for critters. Lots of cleaning and carpet shampoo later, the boat is mostly back to normal the normal fuel and fish scent.

We will be taking the camper out next week for the first time of the year, fingers crossed that no surprises will be had. At least I hope so since I plan on opening it up at the campsite to inspect on the fly :-)

Happy Camping!
Fishhawk1650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 02:49 PM   #4
Wow Fishhawk, You are a brave dude. Waiting till you get to the site to open your camper up! No way am I at that stage of my camper career where I could just take off and leave cold like that. This is only my 2nd year, and I'm going to need at least 3 or 4 days to be one with my camper to make sure everything is working, before we head off to unknown places. Even then i'll probably still have some sort of problems.
2013 Rockwood popup 2318 g. TV 2003 trailblazer and a 2013 SLE Sierra p/u
campfire joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 04:09 PM   #5
Hey Kinma,

I hope the dealer installed the correct fan cover. I think there are some that will not work with the Fantastic Fan. I remember reading a thread about this. I am not sure what brand did or did not. Something to think about.

Glad the unit survived the winter well. I needed to open mine up earlier than mid-May as I was too anxious to look it over an assess. Luckily I too had no problems.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote