Old 05-17-2016, 02:03 PM   #11

We did the opposite, and went smaller. We had a Coleman Westlake (12ft box) PUP, which was great for the kids and their friends. But it was too big and heavy to get into the small, secluded sites at the back of campgrounds. It had a lot of stuff we never used - hot water heater, shower/cassette potty, outside shower. We sold it when we moved to Colorado from California.

With the kids off to college, only weekends available to camp, and a minivan to tow with, an A-frame looked like a great choice. And it has been. We got the small model - 12ft box, but no ends or slide-outs to extend - to fit in the garage so it could be ready to go with an hour's notice (pack food and clothes).

It's perfect for our present camping style - 1-4 nights for the 2 of us (sometimes one of the kids will join us). Setup of the entire site from arrival is less than 1 hour, and I can do it all myself except for the EZ-up over the picnic table. We use campground toilets and showers. We cook, clean, lounge near the picnic table unless it's raining or snowing.

Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122 A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time

Old 05-18-2016, 06:59 PM   #12

Good luck with the Airstream. We're new in the camper/PUP world having been avid tenters. The setup so far seems like a dream compared to packing, setting up and take down with the wife and our two young kiddos.

If you still have the Gizmos, send a pick and your price. Just bought an Adco cover...

Old 05-18-2016, 08:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gba1787 View Post
Good luck with the Airstream. We're new in the camper/PUP world having been avid tenters. The setup so far seems like a dream compared to packing, setting up and take down with the wife and our two young kiddos.

If you still have the Gizmos, send a pick and your price. Just bought an Adco cover...
Thanks, already sold Gizmos.

2015 Rockwood HW296
2014 Silverado 1500 LTZ
W4NT3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:02 AM   #14
peaceparson

We've been in pop-ups for about fifteen years. Started in a 23-YO Steury in 2001 when the kids were little. It took all six of us to get the top up and down, but that old thing took us everywhere we wanted to go. we upgraded to a smaller, lighter Skamper for five years. It was a '95 model, and just right for our down-sized family. When that wore out, we found a 2002 FR. It is bigger, but with the crank, it's not too hard to set up. We will wear that one out before we upgrade again. I like the simplicity of a pop-up. Not too many moving parts, and easy to store.
Also pulls easy down the road. We will probably never go to a TT or 5-er.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:56 PM   #15

Info on hw296 stuff for sale prices, ect Thanks
Old 05-27-2016, 12:20 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behardt View Post
Info on hw296 stuff for sale prices, ect Thanks
I have;

Screen room (never taken out of the box) $100 + shipping
Camper Cover (ADCO brand) $75 + shipping

2015 Rockwood HW296
2014 Silverado 1500 LTZ
Old 05-28-2016, 09:25 AM   #17

Can I have model number of screen house. I have a 2013 want to make sure it fits. What state are you in? Thanks
Old 05-29-2016, 05:44 PM   #18

Do you think it will fit a 2013 hw296 and wood you consider a reduced price if I took both cover and screen room? Thanks
Old 06-13-2016, 08:17 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behardt View Post
Can I have model number of screen house. I have a 2013 want to make sure it fits. What state are you in? Thanks
Model # 947213.216
Size 13 Ft

Missouri

2015 Rockwood HW296
2014 Silverado 1500 LTZ
Old 06-13-2016, 08:25 PM   #20

I hear ya! Traded our pop up in on a TT too... Enjoyed the pop up over then years but was time to move up!! Enjoy!!

Tags
pop up