Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2019, 11:13 AM   #1

Part help

I have a 2010 rockwood freedom 1970 and i need help with the name of a part.

It is the white plastic track where the bunk end tent attaches to the bunk.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DE4C6FC4-32CB-4FC9-8748-9C1BBF4D303A.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	255.8 KB
ID:	219065  
mtlangst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:20 AM   #2

Heres one. They also have it in aluminum.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191112-111916_Chrome.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	219066
bwag1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:03 PM   #3

Thanks is aluminum the way to go or should i stay with plastic?
Old 11-12-2019, 01:03 PM   #4

Hard decision as the aluminum one would hold up better but it might cause your fabric to then tear versus the plastic strip. Tough call...
bwag1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:23 PM   #5

Forest River has the part, this was for my 2016 228D:

F100104263 - $3.30 each

Email their Customer Service to inquire:
rockwoodcustomerserve@forestriverinc.com
flagstaffcustomerservice@forestriverinc.com

What BWAG1961 posted is not the part, I saw that too when I was looking.

Stick with Plastic. At $3.30 a piece by 3 of them. If it breaks again just put a new one one, rather that than buy a new tent end for over $300
flyerdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:58 PM   #6

Thanks. That is it. Just ordered two direct from forest river.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:08 PM   #7

If you are looking for other parts I have posted several in the first post and a few more in other posts later on:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...al-188390.html
Old 11-12-2019, 08:33 PM   #8

Mine is always popping out on my dinette slide out. We did have a screw like yours to hold it in, but that kept coming out too. I'm wondering if that's why yours broke. With screw holding tight something had to give. May have to find another way to try and keep ours from popping out. It always pops out when we are closing it up. Stays in after setup.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:49 PM   #9

The part attached to the fabric is called "Keder" and would have to be sewn back on to replace or re-attach.

I would suggest moving the screws an inch or more over and just add a couple more so there are maybe up to 5. This is assuming the plastic is no broken, otherwise replace that.

Don't screw all the way through both pieces of plastic so it sticks out the backside or you will get poked or damage the mattress.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerdp View Post
The part attached to the fabric is called "Keder" and would have to be sewn back on to replace or re-attach.

I would suggest moving the screws an inch or more over and just add a couple more so there are maybe up to 5. This is assuming the plastic is no broken, otherwise replace that.

Don't screw all the way through both pieces of plastic so it sticks out the backside or you will get poked or damage the mattress.
My bunk ends are holding fine. It's my dinette slide out that keeps coming out. Next spring when i open it up i'll try adding the screws back in.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:57 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by campfire joe View Post
My bunk ends are holding fine. It's my dinette slide out that keeps coming out. Next spring when i open it up i'll try adding the screws back in.
I actually just completely repaired that slideout section..... I bought used and the previous owner ripped the keder (which is different on the slideout than it is on the bunk ends)

It was repaired with some crappy pleather fabric and a TON of velcro stuck on to the fabric and body so it would "stay". There was no way that was holding in a bad wind. I got such a great deal I didn't worry about it and knew I would fix it later.

In the end I bought the plastic piece from Forest River, the fabric Keder from T J Snuggles (the tent manufacturer for FR) and re-sewed on the keder by hand.... thats about 4 hours I will never get back Then I cleaned up the adhesive on the body and attached the new plastic on the body. There are probably 5 or 6 screws in it now. You can screw in the same as the bunk ends just be more carefull because its screwing in to a softer material. If it keeps coming out, buy the plastic again its just as cheap as the bunk ends just a different length and it will be tight again.

I would wager that the tent has been pulled a few times when closing because the slide out fabric was not "ballooned" out and it caught the bed rails and pulled the ends.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:22 AM   #12

Flyer, as far as our dinet tent material we always make sure the canvas is pulled out so the bedrails doesn't catch it. I think it mostly comes out when we have the camper roof almost all the way down and we are then pusing in the canvas to tuck it in so the roof doesn't catch it when we bring the roof down to it's lowest position. It just pops out.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:51 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by campfire joe View Post
Flyer, as far as our dinet tent material we always make sure the canvas is pulled out so the bedrails doesn't catch it. I think it mostly comes out when we have the camper roof almost all the way down and we are then pusing in the canvas to tuck it in so the roof doesn't catch it when we bring the roof down to it's lowest position. It just pops out.
I was just guessing. Its so easy to have that happen and even once could tear the material :/

Its also fairly snug when deployed and the tent brace is installed so it could just be normal wear. I didn't know how many screws to install so I put them about a foot apart and tried to keep them evenly spaced.