Old 03-28-2013, 12:03 AM   #1
Campin With Grammy & Papa

Photos of our latest foray into "out there".

Went to Lone Pine, Ca. Very nice time. They have a film museum there. You can take a drive through the hills where they have filmed almost all of the Hopilong Cassidy movies, Tremors and over 300 other western movies. Also a camp for the Japaneese americans that where "relocated" during WW2. Very interesting/heart breaking for myself, DW and DGS.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3-27-13 039.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	26578

Click image for larger version

Name:	3-27-13 040.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	26579

Scott n Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:14 AM   #2

I see spring Love the bright green and the deep purple of the landscape very nice campsite

Old 03-28-2013, 07:17 AM   #3

Nice looking HW and site! Glad to hear you had a great time.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #4

What a nice site! Your photos make me homesick for the high desert. The Rockwood HW kicks bitt! That is one good looking pop up! I didnt realize they had internment camps in that area. I can only imagine how you guys mustve felt on the tour. We are all so fortunate that we can travel and visit places across the USA to relax and/or educate ourselves along the way. A few summers ago, we camped at Farragut SP (formerly a Naval Training Center in Idaho during WWII) interesting to wander the actual facility and read about its history.

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #5

Thank you all. We had alot of fun. We really enjoy the HW, all self contained and full featured. DW would probably not go for these monthly trips if we did'nt have all the comforts (me neither, for that matter). Our son is tied up with his High School Baseball team so he cannot make the trips until the end of May. So our grandson slides in and gets to go so long as his grades stay up. He is already taking back to school his lessons learned on the road. Did a presentation on Manzanar (relocation camp) for his class. He is learning a ton, so is Grammy and Papa. We have 3 younger grand daughters waiting to go. Have to be older, can't keep up with them right now. Lots of good camping between Bishop, Ca. and Bakersfield, Ca. Warm and nice. Springs gets there a good month before it gets to were we live. Only March and already have 7 days camping! Lovin it. Scott
Old 03-30-2013, 07:42 PM   #6

Sorry handbuilder, I misread your statement. There was 2 camps in California. This one and one further north, can't recall the town. The one up north was where "undesireables" went to be ultimatly deported. This struck me as odd also as the pacific coast states where closed to Japaneese living there, even after being released from the camps. It is truly amazing what you find by setting up camp and exploring around. We picked the RV resort because it looked nice, no idea what we were going to discover in the area. By the way, Boulder Creek RV Resort, class A. Scott
Old 04-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #7

We are just starting our 4th camping season with our HW277. We love it - the outside kitchen is the tops. I hope you have many years in it.
I also towed it with a minivan (Dodge Grand Caravan) our first camping season and it worked well, but we were at the top of the towing capacity, it was an older van, and I was worried about an upcoming 5000 mile trip with it. With those concerns, we upgraded to a Durango V8 and it tows much better (and the 5000 mile trip from Maryland to Yellowstone and back was a blast)! I love getting out and seeing the country and learning about it.

Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote