Old 01-26-2016, 06:15 PM   #21

Thanks BillyBass

Brian
2015 Odyssey
2015 Flagstaff MAC 228

Old 01-26-2016, 07:37 PM   #22

Welcome from Austin!

There will be two pipes coming out of your water heater. You should be able to access this from the inside of the trailer. Not from the outside panel. It's probably under a cabinet, dinette seat, couch or similar. Look inside, directly opposite the outside panel. For the two pipes attached to the WH, there is one for cold water going in and another for hot water coming out. Those valves need to be open. There will be a third valve that makes an H shape between the cold in and hot out pipes. That needs to be closed otherwise cold water coming in to fill the WH tank will run through there and come out on the hot/out side where hot water is supposed to come out to the faucets. This will allow operational hot water.

To winterize, you do the opposite. Open the Bypass valve (this will route any incoming water to the faucets) and close the cold/in and hot/out valves from the WH tank. This keeps water from entering the WH tank. It is rerouted directly to the facects by the bypass valve, and not allowed to enter the WH tank by closing off the cold/in and hot/out valves.

As for the awning, You just have to be on top of it. If it's windy you have to put them away. You can buy weights and use guidelines to tie them down for a little more security, but for a weekend trip, it hardly seems worth it to me.

Popup awnings are a little bit of a PITA because they generally don't have motors to roll them back in, and depending on your site you may not be able to reach the roof. The awning is easiest to deal with when the top is down. That doesn't help when the wind picks up.

When we had a popup my husband used to always groan when I'd want the awning up. It's just one of those things.

With each TT upgrade we made, the awnings got better, but I still do not leave the campground with the awning out, do not leave it out over night, and if the wind picks up, I roll it up in a heartbeat. Now that our awning goes in and out with the press of a button, hubby doesn't groan about the awning anymore.

2015 RAM 1500 5.7L V8
2015 Coachmen Freedom Express 292BHDS
Loraura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 07:40 PM   #23

Oh ya, one more thing. When you put the awning away, BE SURE TO ZIP THE BAG SHUT, not just use the velcro strap. It can and will come undone about 50 miles later on the way home and poke a hole in your roof!

#sharingforafriend
2015 RAM 1500 5.7L V8
2015 Coachmen Freedom Express 292BHDS
Loraura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 12:21 AM   #24

Picked up our new PUP

Loraura- Thanks for the description on the water heater. We are going out again this weekend!!!😃. I will give it a try. Also thanks for the advice on the awning. Going to have to figure out how to effectively deal it. But I think for now it is going to stay in the bag. Thanks again! Thanks everybody for their input and advice. You guys rock!

Brian
2015 Odyssey
2015 Flagstaff MAC 228
Old 01-31-2016, 03:36 PM   #25

Got hot water! Yep it was the middle one. Had a great weekend at Lake Tawakoni state park. Weather was great. Camper was great. We are getting hooked. Thanks again for everyone's help.

Brian
2015 Odyssey
2015 Flagstaff MAC 228