So, during our shopping/buying phase I continually reassured my DW that our PUP would easily
fit into our garage, thus not having to pay to store it at another location (HOA...
) Well, turns out that would have been true except I never took the AC unit into account for the height
. Now I'm looking at a total height of 83.5" and a garage opening of 82". I'm considering doing everything possible to get the PUP into the garage, but will likely wait until my dad is in town in a few weeks to help out - I would need to pull the manual release on the garage door and push it back an extra 8" or so and then chain it in place somehow, likely remove the bottom support bracket running the length of the garage door, and then lower the tire pressure to see if I can get clearance...
In the meantime though, I'll be putting the PUP into storage and have a few questions that I know have probably been answered on here repeatedly, but my forum search returned 477 results
1. I'll be on gravel, should I place boards under the tires?
2. Do you remove your LP tanks or battery - are these prone to "walk" away?
3. What's better for the tongue jack - leave the caster wheel on or take it off?
4. Should stabilizers go down? Should I put boards under them as well?
5. What is the preferred hitch lock?
6. Anything else I may be forgetting?
As always, thanks for any help - my DW keeps telling me how amazed she is at how quick and helpful everyone on these forums is!